Python Forum
Looking for people for a Python/Data Science study group (beginner level)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for people for a Python/Data Science study group (beginner level)
"Hey there!
I hope this is fine to post here.

Three weeks ago I've started a Python study group (with 5 people) and it works super well. We are doing a joint online course, are meeting regularly via live-video-sessions and chat on discord. Once we have a better understanding we plan to do projects together as well.

Overall, I feel this is a great mode for making progress as we have clear learning objectives and hold each other accountable. Since I am part of this, my consistency has significantly increased. Therefore, I decided to organize a few more of these groups in case people are interested.

In our group we also have an experienced mentor who is volunteering to help us out with explanations to important questions during our bi-weekly meetings. I'll try to find an experienced Python Developer/Data Scientist for the new groups as well.
In addition, I am happy to help with setting up the structure for the group (how to organize the first get-togethers, how often to meet, and what to discuss).

For who is this?
I think this format provides most value for people who are still beginners to Python and seek to change their careers in the direction of data science. You should either be in or very close to time zone CET +1 (Central European Time +1, Berlin, Paris, etc.) [due to live-sessions]. Also, you should be happy to get to know the people in your group as this will make it more fun and helps with keeping each other accountable.

So if you are serious about learning Python and are willing as well as able to commit more at least 7 hours a week towards Python, just write me a quick pm or comment this post.

TLDR:
Looking for people to join a Python study group with 5-8 people that follows a structured curriculum and meets regularly for live-video sessions.
You should be:
  • Wanting to use Python professionally (e.g. trying to become data scientist)
    Located in or close to Central European Timezone +1
    Able and willing to spend at least 7 hours a week on learning Python"
you might think of integrating with your local meetup group
Paris: https://www.meetup.com/Python-AFPY-Paris/
Berlin: https://www.meetup.com/Python-Users-Berlin-PUB/
Thank you, that's a very good idea!
Hi there! I'm a beginner and I've actually been looking for groups to get involved with for study purposes and so I can work professionally in data science. I am located in the Eastern U.S. (Eastern standard time) but my schedule is VERY open where I should be able to make this work despite the timezone. I also have been studying Python 3 consistently for 20 to 25 hours a week for the past 2 months, so the workload of 7 hours, I can assure you, will be no problem. I hope to hear from you soon, I'm genuinely eager to get involved and meet other perspective programmers! :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  best practice example data science mostafa705 1 719 Oct-13-2023, 04:44 AM
Last Post: KianLynch
  Best all-Python workflow to learning basic math (eventually Data Science) Drone4four 0 1,015 Jan-08-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Drone4four
  Master's/PHD for Data Science Job oli_action 4 5,453 May-31-2021, 11:35 AM
Last Post: lolapaluuza
  Stanza: A Python NLP Library for Many Human Languages, by the Stanford NLP Group buran 0 1,739 Mar-26-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: buran
  Recommendation for good Python project and code to study kmiklas 1 2,375 Jan-16-2020, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  High level Python program architectural design question - decoration for multiple ent yahbai 0 1,746 Jan-16-2020, 08:30 PM
Last Post: yahbai
  Consumers and the Data Science Trend Niv_Neos 9 3,619 Oct-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Need help on to prepare data science satyamp 1 2,136 Oct-20-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Please suggest a good Data Science Book alexwazan 3 2,791 Sep-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: EleenaGates
  Study guides Mark87 0 1,623 Jun-26-2019, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Mark87