Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love that snow
If there's anyone on the forum from Greenland Siberia, or even Canada, you'll think I'm a wuss, but we had
about 8" of snow yesterday, was -8.8 c (16f) this morning (then went up to 12.8c (55f) today. Tomorrow?
Prediction is 12" snow.

I was raised in New England, left as soon as I was able to fend for myself, and came back 10 years ago because
my wife missed the winters (she's a Swede - cement från öra till öra (I mean that in a good way)). Boy would I like to be looking out the window at the Shenandoah Valley
right now.
Huh, I grew up a hop, skip, a jump from the Shenandoah (in Charlottesville). In DC now, where it was 68F today. Tonight we're supposed to get an inch of snow.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I love the snow. But not in the town. It gets dirty pretty fast. Even the cold feels different at the country.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Quote:because

my wife missed the winters
wow thats the first ive heard of someone missing winters. Around here all i hear are people bitch and whine about snow. :)
Recommended Tutorials:
It rained enough today where I am that there were puddles. I'm somewhat traumatized.
New Englander's bitch and wine about everything. If they move South, they'll complain it's too hot.

The other thing they do (I am allowed to say these things because I'm a native), is to ask you a question
about something, doesn't matter what, but if you try to give an answer, they quickly let you know that
they know more about the subject than you do.
(Feb-08-2017, 10:58 PM)metulburr Wrote: wow thats the first ive heard of someone missing winters. Around here all i hear are people bitch and whine about snow. :)

My sister lived in Boston from the time she graduated college until her late 40s, when her husband got a job in Gainesville Florida. She misses the winters.
I wish you happiness.
(Feb-09-2017, 12:01 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: New Englander's bitch and wine about everything.

Can confirm. Aforementioned sister and her husband both lived in Boston for decades. They complain about the drivers in Florida.
I wish you happiness.
Quote:Huh, I grew up a hop, skip, a jump from the Shenandoah (in Charlottesville)

I had to go over the mountain, through Clark's Gap, to be in the valley (lived in Leesburg, worked in McLean and Arlington)),
but it was so close. Almost every Sunday we would go to a vineyard or two (A Virginia secret, Most of the U.S. doesn't know
about the Vineyards).

In the spring, one of my most favorite drives was through the valley, to look at the dogwood and redbuds, and the Virginia
Blue Bells on the banks of the Shenandoah River.

Charlottesville was often a destination as well.

Virginia was my most favorite place to live of all I have been to in the U.S.

Massachusetts 4 way intersection law:
  • Make sure you are going at least the suggested speed limit when approaching.
  • If no other drivers in site, don't stop even if there is a suggested stop sign.
  • If other drivers are approaching, stop. Then the one with the most stamina goes first

Oh yea, forgot ... wear one of these http://www.kleargear.com/nap-pillow-ostr...12779.html
(Feb-09-2017, 12:10 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: Massachusetts 4 way intersection law:
  • Make sure you are going at least the suggested speed limit when approaching.
  • If no other drivers in site, don't stop even if there is a suggested stop sign.
  • If other drivers are approaching, stop. Then the one with the most stamina goes first
I didn't know I lived in Massachussetts...
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i love f-strings Skaperen 5 2,565 Dec-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Snow storm over - power back on Larz60+ 4 3,160 Mar-12-2018, 12:15 AM
  Love for Python nexusfactor 7 5,090 Oct-19-2017, 03:27 AM