Python Forum
Machine Learning for Applications in Architecture
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Machine Learning for Applications in Architecture
Hello all,

I am currently pursuing a thesis in architecture - I am a total beginner to programming and was wondering if I could get some direction.

The overall goal is to employ even a primitive form of machine learning in architectural optimization (the first application being reflectors for solar cells.) I am primarily using Rhino and Maya for digital modeling, although 3ds Max could be an option. As far as I know Rhino allows for custom scripting of commands.

The first task is to find the optimal curvature for light reflection, but ultimately it would be lovely to have an intelligence that could generate graphical output and even begin to deal with some of the engineering aspects of the design.

I have begun with a simple 4 function (add, subtract, etc) calculator in Python 3, but if you have any suggestions of other programs or reading materials one would be absolutely endowed in this seemingly daunting undertaking.

Thank you all in advance,
J

Also, a recent image from the skillet as a token of good faith.

[Image: aFHJHZM.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Errors with Machine Learning trading bot-- not sure why MattKahn13 2 1,534 Aug-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Last Post: MattKahn13
  python machine learning model, macro precision score? metalray 5 7,167 Sep-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Last Post: nilamo
  Machine Learning Antivirus [Urgent] Echoo0o 4 4,846 Jul-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Last Post: nilamo