Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark posts as SOLVED
Is there a way to mark a post as SOLVED at all. I find SOLVED threads in forums extremely useful and I for one try my hardest to document any solutions that I have on a thread in the event that others find it useful.
This forum group never seemed to be big on marking threads solved. Most people do not mark their threads solved if the option was available...and to fix it would put the extra work on mods/admins to edit even more posts to mark the thread solved. 

@admins and mods
But if admins/mods wanted to take on the extra load of making sure threads were marked as solved when they are....?
Recommended Tutorials:
In this forum most threads are answered/solved. And even if the OP didn't understand the suggested solutions someone else could benefit from them.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
(Oct-06-2016, 12:35 PM)metulburr Wrote: @admins and mods
But if admins/mods wanted to take on the extra load of making sure threads were marked as solved when they are....?
Nooo :hand: 

I have looked at it and MySupport,
that MyBB use for this is sketchy.
It's not like a simple plugin,have to do a lot of changes,so no.
Im not worried about installing the plugin...i just dont like the idea of enforcing it.
Recommended Tutorials:
I actually like the idea of being able to mark an accepted answer, and keep track of answered vs unanswered threads. I thought a big reason for not doing it before was the lack of control. That said, I don't feel strongly enough about it to want to get it working myself, so there's that.
I like the idea of having threads marked as solved (or answers accepted). But since many (if not most) of users wouldn't be persistently marking threads/answers, the benefit would be lost and only cause confusion IMO.
(Oct-06-2016, 06:17 PM)j.crater Wrote: But since many (if not most) of users wouldn't be persistently marking threads/answers, the benefit would be lost and only cause confusion IMO.
In theory, we could have different states like, answered, accepted answer, awaiting questioner, etc. Not saying it's worth the effort, but in principal we could accommodate everything.
Ill install the plugin and test it out. This one is a big one with a lot of templates edits. So dont be surprised by something wonky here or there.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-06-2016, 06:21 PM)micseydel Wrote:
(Oct-06-2016, 06:17 PM)j.crater Wrote: But since many (if not most) of users wouldn't be persistently marking threads/answers, the benefit would be lost and only cause confusion IMO.
In theory, we could have different states like, answered, accepted answer, awaiting questioner, etc. Not saying it's worth the effort, but in principal we could accommodate everything.

Why not? After all, there is nothing we need more than a Python forum that looks so much like the defect management systems we use at work... 

Srsly...
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't mark any threads solved CynthiaMoore 5 3,450 Mar-16-2021, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Naheed
  Mark post as question/solved. penright 8 5,803 Jul-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Last Post: penright
  posts remain in Unread Posts after read Larz60+ 27 47,698 Jun-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Kebap