Python Forum
Mazecraft - A fast paced, maze solving game(with maze editor)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mazecraft - A fast paced, maze solving game(with maze editor)
This is the first game I made with Pygame, it was originally supposed to be a snake game but I got sidetracked pretty hard and this is what became of it. It's a pretty basic game where you use the arrow keys or wsad to navigate through mazes, and don't forget to hold shift to move fast! Maze completion times are stored in a high scores list and you are notified upon beating previous scores.

You can also make your own maps and add them to the actual levels list to challenge yourself, or your friends, to a race off for the fastest time! I had a lot of fun designing this and sure it's not written super well, but I've learned a lot since I made Mazecraft. Mostly I'd just like to share this with you guys with the hope that you have fun with it. Feel free to alter the source and play around with it all you like as it's completely open source.

Download Mazecraft from my github:
https://github.com/Boglov/Mazecraft

[Image: Screenshot-from-2020-10-15-17-08-39.png][Image: Screenshot-from-2020-10-15-17-09-22.png]

This got me excited about using Pygame and man I really fell hard for Python altogether lol. It's a lot of fun. After making this I started making a whole game engine and it's still in the works but once I finish I'll probably share that here for you guys as well. Hope all is well and thanks for checking it out!

Any feedback is welcome, if you try it please let me know if you have any trouble
Heart

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Code Editor:Open Editor Ali_Kilicoglu 2 2,271 Nov-27-2020, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Ali_Kilicoglu