Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mini-Web Framework
i'm still not understanding any of this. to me "routing" applies to packets; i don't understand what it means in a web/framework context. fyi i now have mod-wsgi running on my apache web server. it lets me code my web page handlers in python instead of C under CGI. what more do i sill need?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Packet routing is much lower level than any of this. In this context, "routing" is simply mapping a function to a uri.
mod-wsgi always calls application().  is that a fixed routing?  is there value to calling different functions?  i suppose if we keep other stuff like globals or class instances around, then there can be data retention value.  but that would need the same process.  my web server is running 24 processes.  getting web requests to come to the same process has been a classic problem.  but you also don't want to be limited to N web sessions, either.  what i have tried in the past (in C) was to start listening on a unique port and construct URLs to go to that port.  that way the same process handles more requests from the same user.  maybe i can do this with Python?

is this a framework?  i still don't know what it is (and assume it to be something different than <frame> tags).
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guess the dice roll mini-game tawnnx 6 7,316 May-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Last Post: malonn
  5 mini programming projects for the python beginner kerzol81 4 36,184 Sep-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Last Post: VeenaReddy