Python Forum
Mission Impossible : New to Python and 3 days to do theses exercises
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mission Impossible : New to Python and 3 days to do theses exercises
Hi started to learn Python yesterday( never coding before, this is for a professional reconversion).
I am currently learning on "Codecademy" and i have done the First Python Syntax chapter allready.
Yesterday they send exercises to test my level that i need to send this Friday! Shocked an learn the 7 other chapters at least to help me: (Strings and Console Output / Conditionals and Control Flow / Functions /Lists & Dictionaries /Student Becomes the Teacher /Lists and Functions /Loops)on Code Academy.

I am not asking to help me do this exercises,( until now). But is this possible to at least hint me what chapter can help me solve theses basic coding exercises? here there is the 2 screen links

Thank you very much for your kind answers

https://ibb.co/hZLPy9
https://ibb.co/d1dDQp
Hello,
for exercises 2 and 3 check for loops.
For exercise 4 urllib may come in handy, but there are other ways too.
For exercise 5 you'll need to know your way around strings.
For exercise 6 also for loop and some arithmetic operations.
For exercise 7 you'll have to check basics of classes.
For exercise 8 you'll need info on file IO.
Exercises 9 and 10 are close to exercise 6, but a bit more mathematically involved.

Adding to all this, knowing to use lists, maybe dictionaries too in some cases, will be very handy.
There are also tutorials in the tutorials section of this forum on many of the topics jcrater mentioned.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Aug-15-2018, 04:40 PM)j.crater Wrote: Hello,
for exercises 2 and 3 check for loops.
For exercise 4 urllib may come in handy, but there are other ways too.
For exercise 5 you'll need to know your way around strings.
For exercise 6 also for loop and some arithmetic operations.
For exercise 7 you'll have to check basics of classes.
For exercise 8 you'll need info on file IO.
Exercises 9 and 10 are close to exercise 6, but a bit more mathematically involved.

Adding to all this, knowing to use lists, maybe dictionaries too in some cases, will be very handy.
Thanks for your answers, what is urllib? i am working hard i have found a code for the 3rd atm
urllib is a module that comes with Python. You access it with the import statement.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
They are not expecting you to get all of this in such a short period of time if you are a complete beginner, as they mention, they are testing your current knowledge to assess at what level or what rate to continue your education, I am thinking if you get all or most of these exercises correct so soon, they may speed things up faster than what you may be able to handle??? A word of caution, I have not taken code academy but I was an instructor in the Military, non programming of course and for people who could not keep up to a certain speed or comprehension level, they were sent back 3 days to go over certain aspects again, this happened all the time, no negative connotations to the student, its just the way things went to be sure when you graduate, you got 95% of what you were taught. I suggest you understand what your comprehension level will be, the course will get more difficult for sure as time goes by and will require more research on your part so only you know how many hours per week you can give up for this advancement in a new career so good luck. You will only learn by actually doing the exercises, fully understanding what each chapter is trying to teach you and then you apply it in multiple ways as the training moves forward, like anything else but for programming, you must learn the hard way, by doing.
I hope you are right Duane Jack, thanks for the input

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some exercises I need help with. Beginner_coder123 2 2,805 Dec-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Last Post: ichabod801
  Impossible Function Task? ShadowWarrior17 11 5,773 Jan-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Last Post: squenson
  3 Finance Python Exercises mmkthen 2 5,395 Oct-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Last Post: sparkz_alot
  One of my exercises is breaking my balls. Jei 14 13,687 Dec-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Jei