Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mobile
Can there be a mobile version of this website? I'm on my phone and everything is extremely small. The website is scaling everything on to a 4 inch screen.
Self-taught HTML, CSS, Python, and Java programmer
The mobile plugins we have used in the past are made by one or two people and had problems that made the default theme unusable forcing us to not use it at all. This hasnt been much of an issue as most people are on their desktop when programming, but just reading the forums I can for sure see useful to have a mobile friendly.

I would say its safe to assume that we will not be paying for someone to make a custom responsive theme or mobile plugin and would wait for there to be the default responsive theme from MyBB. This is planned in an upcoming update.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-214635.html
Recommended Tutorials:
Bootstrap css?
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
It looks like that. it's a pity that the mobile version will not be supported. *** LINK REMOVED *** But as the administration said, they will wait for the final decision. Maybe you should turn to the community and develop on the solution of the issue?
Quote:It looks like that. it's a pity that the mobile version will not be supported.
did you look at the link metulburr posted above. It is saying that it will be available in version 1.10.
so i spent the past few hours trying to integrate the mobile plugin. The problem is a few things. Mobile users once this plugin is enabled cannot get to the forum at all via the base domain. And the mobile version is messed up and not working. So i have to disable it. Its better to view it small and awkwardly on mobile devices, than not be able to view it at all.

As for a default mobile friendly version. It will happen at some point. But again, only 1% of users here are on mobile. So its not something we are going to pay for for a custom theme, or jeopardize the forum for (like that crappy plugin i have been working on). IF another plugin comes along before it becomes a default, then i will surely try it.

If someone wants to make a mobile friendly theme, i will try it.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Aug-22-2018, 02:38 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: did you look at the link metulburr posted above.
They doesn't care about mobile version. It's an advertisement for this Ukrainian web application development to solve this problem.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mobile layout Kebap 12 12,063 Oct-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Last Post: wavic