Python Forum
More organization in tutorials?
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
More organization in tutorials?
I was wondering what people would think of more sub-forums in tutorials to organize related threads together? For example basic things like string, functions, etc. into one called fundamentals, scraping methods into scraping, IDE install and usage instructions in one called IDE and so on. All dont have to be sub categorized.

I was initially thinking make a help doc to organize the related tutorials, but it would just be easier to do that via sub forums instead so we are not updating an index.
Recommended Tutorials:
sounds like a good idea.
A long time ago i did think of this.
Remember that cleaning up my mess was lot of job,as i had forgot title on thread i merged/moved to sub forum.
So i have to think and agree on structure before doing any changes,in general i don't like to many sub forums.
I see back then that i did think of index system,for not moving or merge any threads,but not sure of any of this.
(Aug-24-2018, 01:51 AM)snippsat Wrote: A long time ago i did think of this.
Remember that cleaning up my mess was lot of job,as i had forgot title on thread i merged/moved to sub forum.
you merged all the basic threads into one basic thread though. I mean just moving each basic thread from the general sub forum to their own sub forum individually. (exactly like all the game tutorial threads are in a game dev sub forum instead of floating in general tutorials) Wouldnt be hard at all to revert back as you would just move them back to general tutorials and delete the sub forum. Because i do like linking back to each thread. I wouldnt want all basic threads merged together in one thread as its hard to link to someone.

We already somewhat started the method i mean, with tutorials of sub forums (game, web, GUI, networking). I mean extending that more (basic, scraping, IDE, etc.).

That way if someone is looking for all the scraping tutorials, they dont need to scan the entire general tutorials (which slowly gets bigger and bigger). They just look in the scraping sub forum for all the related threads. The tutorial section is probably one of the sub forum that would be better suited with numerous sub-sub-forums to help organize them as more and more get added.
Recommended Tutorials:
so i basically created some sub forums and moved appropriate ones into those to show you what i mean.
https://python-forum.io/Forum-Tutorials
Recommended Tutorials:
I think a pinned thread with categories which include the corresponding tutorials link will be good enough.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Aug-25-2018, 11:15 PM)wavic Wrote: I think a pinned thread with categories which include the corresponding tutorials link will be good enough.

I think the same. I've been putting the task off for quite a while now, since I got the same idea.
But now that we're at it, I may speed it up a bit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  modifying tutorials metulburr 22 16,100 Oct-10-2016, 12:46 AM
Last Post: ichabod801