Python Forum
More than a couple problems.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More than a couple problems.
I'd like to learn Python. Doing nothing but messing up on me. Here we go

Why if I set my installation folder to C/program files < why then is it installing itself to APP Data in Roaming?

I've been at this for 2 weeks now and my name is perfect for situation what can go wrong will

Python 3.9 not working other than help, no pip nothing. Cmd is working though....

[Image: lCctpul.png] nothing. I set Installation folder to Program files. No commands work.

yet it keeps installnig to app data

[Image: QEvaZbB.png]

Was looking for the past 2 weeks how to scrape images from Imgur results. There's alot of infact 100's of websites that show you how to scrape Google with selenium. Not 1 piece of literature shows how to scrape imgur search results. Then people (despite knowing I don't know how to code and am just learning) suggest I use IMGUR OPEN API yea tried that too won't let me when I open the project no matter how many times I try in post man. I'm super emotional right now cause this has been 2 weeks no work done to just get to know how to Print out hellow world and nothing else. Downloading pycharm was a huge mistake cause it messes file locations up further. I named myself Murphys Law because what can go wrong will and does all the time.

If you guys don't have any ideas how I can fix this I'm just going to quit and accept life hates me as alot of other stuff has been happening as random occurences I'm convined someone put spells on me as my wordpress site I bought theme from developer on Themeforest and main reason I bought it was cause the theme calls INstagram API and been trying to deal with it for 4 years now
to point I got a partner to try and help me ( site has no content from this problem) getting more fed up I rebought item support so the Theme DEV could help, low and behold the universe hates me as Theme Developer has not 1 explaination why it's not working doesnt even give logs.

If you guys have no clue or hints I'll just scrap my media company wth 6 related websites (1 out of 6 are up, and was waiting to learn how to scrape photos to get some content.)
in your first image, you are trying to use pip from within the python interpreter.
Exit to command shell, and use pip there. It does not run from python interpreter.

I haven't used MSwindows since 'windows 7'.
Back then, the preferred installation directory for all python versions was c:/
It should be ok to use other directory, but you will need to set environment variables so that python can be found

see: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/python/py...onment.htm
That is the default location of python in that location appdata. When you install python you can change the default location. But pip is going to install to where ever you have python installed.

A simple solution is to uninstall python and reinstall it. Set the location to where ever you want in the installation nm process. When you use pip make sure it is pointing to that python and not any other. When you use an IDE make sure it is pointing to the same python, etc.
Recommended Tutorials:
I understand the frustration. I also agree with the idea of uninstall and start over.
My suggestion for a platform is to install Anaconda. It comes with a range of tools and environment management software that helps with your directory/folder management.

The most popular IDE currently appears to be VSCode. It is included in the Anaconda distribution. Spyder is another relatively easy to use IDE included, and you also get Jupyter Lab and Jupyter Notebook which are widely used, especially in data analysis and artificial intelligence. They also make it easier to learn to program.

If you go the VSCode route, there are a number of Youtube videos that cover setting it up for Python in a step by step manner, giving you lots of tools for monitoring variable values, code completion suggestions.

Good luck and keep asking questions. We will help as we can
I had python expert connect to comp, wasn't able to do anything after fresh install. I must of screwed it something bad.
remove current python installation, and reinstall following this: https://python-forum.io/Thread-Python-3-...er-Windows

title says python 3.7, but applies to 3.9 as well
Thanks for this helpful discussion.
Thanks for such a meaningful and helpful thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A couple of questions Led_Zeppelin 1 920 Sep-30-2022, 07:05 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Need help understanding a couple of functions (encrypt,decrypt, int_to_bytes) xoani 0 1,996 Jun-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Last Post: xoani
  Couple of questions about modules Winfried 6 3,892 Aug-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Winfried
  just a couple questions.... medievil 5 3,605 May-05-2018, 03:13 AM
Last Post: medievil
  A couple of questions about pip install Athenaeum 3 3,579 Oct-13-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: nilamo