Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Selection Game Code
HEY GUYS, WAS WONDERING IF I COULD HAVE SOME WITH WORKING OUT SOME CODE MY FRIEND WANTS.
I NEED CODE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
2. Stores a list of song names and artists in an external file.
3. Selects a song from the file, displaying the artist and the first letter of each word of the song title.
4. Allows the user up to two chances to guess the name of the song, stopping the game if they guess
a song incorrectly on the second chance.
5. If the guess is correct, add the points to the player’s score depending on the number of guesses.
6. Displays the number of points the player has when the game ends.
7. Stores the name of the player and their score in an external file.
8. Displays the score and player name of the top 5 winning scores from the external file.
What have you tried? We're happy to help, but we won't write code for you (though there's a jobs forum if you want to pay someone).
I haven't tried anything as i don't know pretty much any python and i can't pay people as im literally 13. Thanks for the help anyway, I'll just delete the thread later
Perhaps it's a good chance to learn then? You might try one of the following books:

Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: https://automatetheboringstuff.com/
Think Python: https://greenteapress.com/wp/think-python-2e/

which are both freely available online.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  needing some help to write some code for a game calculator rymdaksel 1 401 Jan-02-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Problem with my pong game code Than999 8 3,839 May-15-2022, 06:40 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Beginner Code, how to print something after a number of turns (guessing game) QTPi 4 2,740 Jun-18-2020, 04:59 PM
Last Post: QTPi
  Help for guessing game code Kronos 5 3,282 Mar-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Alien game code from book TheMusicMan 4 3,151 Aug-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: TheMusicMan
  I am trying to make a Colour Wars game, "Winning code" missing Ondrejoda 0 2,277 Feb-18-2018, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Ondrejoda