Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My first time here
Hi everybody!

I'm really sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I need to have an answer and I hope someone can help me out:

I'm a musician and I'm thinking of building a music website. For now is a simple database with contacts from studios, musicians, etc, all organized by category (studio, venue, singer,etc) and by US State (this will be extended to other countries, cities, etc).
For now I only need to have an admin page where I insert the information for each "profile" like Name, Category, Official Website, Social Media links and that will submit that information to the database and will create a new profile for each entry.

Coding is not like a new thing for me per se. I'm quite comfortable with HTML, some CSS (I know these are not directly related to programming, but still...). I started watching a video to learn Python and so far so good.

My question is: can I create this type of website using Python? I'm not trying to become an expert in programming. I want to build something simple for now and with time, hire someone to actually get what I did and then work on it.

I know I also need to learn MYSQL.

So again, my question is: can Python help me with this simple task?

Thank you so much! :)
I have never used them (am beginner myself)
but I think you will need to use a web framework like
Django:
https://www.djangoproject.com/
or Flask:
http://flask.pocoo.org/

From what I have read, Flask is the easier to use.
@steve_shambles is correct - the easiest way is to use one of many available frameworks. He named two of the most popular, but there are others.

To get a taste of Flask - look at our tutorials
And here is another popular free Flask mega-tutorial
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs