Python Forum
Need help for beginning coding
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help for beginning coding
Hi all ! I just begin. Please:1. what compiler shall I use ? I use O.S. ubuntu Linux 16.04 2. Pthon language is included in Code::Blocks ?? 3. Give me please the link for an E-boolk speaking of Python language.. Thanks in advance.
Hello!
You don't need a compiler for Python, it is dynamically compiled on runtime. All you need is a Python interpreter, and as far as I know it comes bundled with Ubuntu distro (try with entering "python" in terminal). If you are used to IDEs you could use one, but it is not necessary. Especially in beginning you can do just fine without it.
About tutorials, our forum has a nice selection of tutorials (some have [Basic] tag): https://python-forum.io/Forum-Tutorials
And about online tutorials,... there are so many I can't even pick out one (or few). Perhaps if you tell your coding background and intentions, I (we) can help better.
Thank you. It's a long time ago, I constructed some 12 shells, with my vim; I used #!/bin/bash but now I forgoyt almost all about it. Give me please a file printing : Hello World ! I will you use my vim for that. Thanks
I (personal preference) would not do much work without an IDE.
It adds so much (at your fingertips, a lot of this can be done without an ide, but not with a click)
  • Auto completion of code (I usually turn it off as it annoys me more than helps)
  • Instant and automatic version control
  • Usually very good debuggers with variable watches, etc.
  • Code reformatting (that actually works in the good IDE's)
  • Code inspection (like lint). Which I always use before releasing software.
  • Packaging help (this has been one of my weaknesses, and something I have to start doing)
  • more
My favorite IDE is PyCharm (community edition available)
Atom is the favorite of others,
One I had bad luck with was eclipse. That was some time ago, and it may be ok
It's good to try several in the beginning, and then stick with one you like.
If you use Linux you already have Python preinstalled, many system utilities use it. See the python command/ However, this is python v2 (2.7.x) and if you want to execute python v3 code use the python v3 commands (python3) (install the python3 package if it is missing).

For basic programming, you don't need an IDE, you just need a decent text editor: vim, geanie, kate, to name a few.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
Python is already installed in Ubuntu 16.04. Open a terminal and type python. You should see something like this:
Output:
victor@jerry:~$ python Python 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10)  [GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> 
This is the Python interpreter and you can see the Python's version. It can be 3.5.2 if it's configured as the default. You can run 2.7.12 with python2 command if that is the case.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
sylvain@sylvain-HP-Mini-110-1100:~$ python
Python 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>
That is what I have. But how do I work with it ?
I also uploaded pyCharm , it is in my "uploads" but impossible to install it. Of course I think it is impossible to make pyCharm work , solong it is in "uploads"
What do you mean 'uploads'? Download it. PyCharm Community edition. It is a compressed tar archive. Right click on it and extract it. Move to 'pycharm-community-2017.1/bin' directory and open a terminal there. Run bash pycharm.sh. The installation process should start
I have to buy that. Of course I am ready to buy. PyCharm License Activation asks for my mail adress I give them: [email protected], But what password shall I put ? I think it is not the one for yahoo. Thanks for your help
Can't tell you that. I have PyCharm Comunity installed but do not use it. Almost.
Look for instructions on the website. See this: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/2...guide.html

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just beginning dalekeel 2 212 Apr-15-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Pedroski55
  Program doesnt return beginning bilisim19 2 935 Feb-15-2023, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  List of dataframe values beginning with x,y or z glidecode 3 1,937 Nov-08-2021, 10:16 PM
Last Post: glidecode
  How to start the program from the beginning. iamaghost 5 2,943 Feb-23-2021, 03:40 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  want to change the beginning of the result Rudinirudini 5 3,585 Nov-15-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Rudinirudini
  Beginning of Beginner Help: Should I start with Python? appdevelnewb 2 3,045 Jul-23-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: appdevelnewb
  Wrap from end to beginning. 27 to 1, 28 to 2 etc DreamingInsanity 5 3,694 Jun-24-2018, 01:02 PM
Last Post: ljmetzger
  How to Loop CSV File Beginning at Specific Row? bmccollum 5 40,352 Nov-05-2017, 11:04 PM
Last Post: bmccollum