Python Forum
Need help with this homework for a course ASAP...need solution for completion.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with this homework for a course ASAP...need solution for completion.
Hi...I need help for the following task based on classification in python. It is part of an online course and the task details allow me to take help from python communities if I am unable to do it. I NEED A SOLUTION TO THIS TASK ASAP as I have a deadline tomorrow and I don't get a course completion reward without submitting the task. Training and testing files are attached. An python developer should hopefully be able to do it easily and quickly. I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO All That HELP!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Introduction
In this final project, available to Verified learners only, we'll attempt to predict the type of physical activity (e.g., walking, climbing stairs) from tri-axial smartphone accelerometer data. Smartphone accelerometers are very precise, and different physical activities give rise to different patterns of acceleration.

(Note on project availability: while project submission is only available to Verified learners, all learners are welcome to work on the project on their own and have access to the instructions describing the project.)

Input Data
The input data used for training in this project consists of two files. The first file, train_time_series.csv, contains the raw accelerometer data, which has been collected using the Beiwe research platform, and it has the following format:

timestamp, UTC time, accuracy, x, y, z

You can use the timestamp column as your time variable; you'll also need the last three columns, here labeled x, y, and z, which correspond to measurements of linear acceleration along each of the three orthogonal axes.

The second file, train_labels.csv, contains the activity labels, and you'll be using these labels to train your model. Different activities have been numbered with integers. We use the following encoding: 1 = standing, 2 = walking, 3 = stairs down, 4 = stairs up. Because the accelerometers are sampled at high frequency, the labels in train_labels.csv are only provided for every 10th observation in train_time_series.csv.

Activity Classification
Your goal is to classify different physical activities as accurately as possible. To test your code, you're also provided a file called test_time_series.csv, and at the end of the project you're asked to provide the activity labels predicted by your code for this test data set. Only the course staff have the corresponding true labels for the test data, and the accuracy of your code will be determined as the percentage of correct classifications. Note that in both cases, for training and testing, the input file consists of a single (3-dimensional) time series. To test the accuracy of your code, you'll be asked to upload your predictions as a CSV file. This file called test_labels.csv is provided to you, but it only contains the time stamps needed for prediction; you'll need to augment this file by adding the corresponding class predictions (1,2,3,4).

Code Run Time
In addition to providing the predictions, you're also asked to time the running time of your code, starting at the moment when you load in the test data set and ending at the moment you're done computing your predictions. You'll be asked to enter this running time, and the goal is to see how fast your code runs compared to the code of others. Because computing speeds vary for several reasons, including hardware and implementation of the code, these numbers aren't directly comparable, and for this reason your grading will not be affected by them. However, it may still be interesting to you to see how long the code of other participants takes to solve the problem.

Project Submission
You're expected to implement your solution using a Jupyter notebook. Once you're done, you're asked to upload the notebook, which will be peer reviewed by other course participants. This review will impact your final course grade, so you should write your code as clearly code as possible, include comments, and use meaningful variable names.

You can approach this problem any way you'd like. It may be beneficial to search the web for possible solutions, or you may try to solve this problem from scratch. We recommend that you build your code in stages, encapsulating different parts (tasks) of the problem into functions. There are many ways to solve this problem. Good luck!

Files are provided here:
Files for project

PLEASE HELP AND REVERT ON EMAIL OR THROUGH PRIVATE MSGs
We do not do homework.
You must first make an effort to complete it yourself. We will answer questions about specific issues as encountered
see: https://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help&hid=52
I don't think asking for a solution is what your course leaders meant when they said you could ask for help. Also, if your deadline is tomorrow, you should probably learn to manage your time better.
(Jun-21-2020, 12:46 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: We do not do homework.
You must first make an effort to complete it yourself. We will answer questions about specific issues as encountered
see: https://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help&hid=52
I meant I needed help regarding how I am supposed to approach and do it...not necessarily do the solution for me.
First of all, show what you have tried - we cannot help you without that. This forum exists for the sole purpose of helping others - not solving the code
pyzyx3qwerty
"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela
Need help on the forum? Visit help @ python forum
For learning more and more about python, visit Python docs
It's going to cost you the rest of your sunday, but...
a) Read the 2 training sets
b) Then i would observe the x/y/z displacement per time unit, and figure out what they could mean, should not be too difficult.
c) project that onto the test series, by whatever technique you have studied..

Paul
It is more important to do the right thing, than to do the thing right.(P.Drucker)
Better is the enemy of good. (Montesquieu) = French version for 'kiss'.
(Jun-21-2020, 01:32 PM)pyzyx3qwerty Wrote: First of all, show what you have tried - we cannot help you without that. This forum exists for the sole purpose of helping others - not solving the code
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import numpy as np 
import pandas as pd
import random
import os

data=pd.read_csv('train_time_series.csv')
test=pd.read_csv('train_labels.csv')
i have done this so far and to be honest...i am a novice at python...thus i need help about what i have to do next.
That's not a serious attempt is it? Surely you've learnt something in this course that helps you do the task?
(Jun-21-2020, 12:29 PM)SP04123 Wrote: An python developer should hopefully be able to do it easily and quickly.
If you are not able to complete the task yourself, you are not qualified to assess how long it will take to complete it or is it easy or hard...
Such comments are one of the most frustrating thing one can see on a forum or on a freelance site.
Using ALL CAPS and bold, ASAP, etc. doesn't help either...
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Homework( Solution found) Zaochen 2 1,788 Dec-23-2021, 04:18 PM
Last Post: BashBedlam
  Could someone help me finish this ASAP JimmyDricks 7 2,182 Dec-23-2021, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  really need assistance with this assignment ASAP due tomorrow mohamedhadi02 8 3,455 Jun-21-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: mohamedhadi02
  python homework help ASAP gk34332 1 2,941 Mar-13-2019, 07:27 PM
Last Post: ichabod801
  Temperature converter Help (ASAP) Edison_Weng 1 2,790 Apr-16-2018, 01:55 PM
Last Post: stranac
  Quiz Game Help (ASAP Please!) beginnercoder04 2 3,159 Apr-15-2018, 04:13 AM
Last Post: beginnercoder04
  Storm Hurricane Tracker (NEED HELP ASAP) zak1206 2 3,795 Nov-13-2017, 02:10 PM
Last Post: gruntfutuk