Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Module!
(Nov-01-2017, 04:44 PM)snippsat Wrote:
(Nov-01-2017, 03:55 PM)EgMusic Wrote: For example, if someone wanted to make their first game, and didn't know jack squat about python, they would need a module to help them. Or a tutorial.
That you have manged to make a wheel dos not help  anyone.
The wheel file you have made is also wrong,it don't contain any Python code which is kind of a important point Wink

(Nov-01-2017, 05:08 PM)buran Wrote:
(Nov-01-2017, 03:55 PM)EgMusic Wrote: For example, if someone wanted to make their first game, and didn't know jack squat about python, they would need a module to help them.
If they are not able to do something simple as this, they will be long way from making a game or anything else ...

Look, I didn't know jack squat about python when I started making MY first games! Not everybody needs to know how to blow up a mushroom using only Python to make a game!

And I used the wheel module to try and make the wheel. I guess you guys need to install it manually.
Your excitement is understandable and perfectly natural human reaction after you have completed a working script and I don't want to be harsh, but no developer in their right minds will install external module just to use this dead simple function.

As a side note - why don't you make it more customizable, e.g. - add additional parameter for delay time (instead of hard-coding )?
(Nov-01-2017, 06:49 PM)nilamo Wrote: Untrue!  You could easily make a number guessing game even if this was rather new to you :p

You are not getting the point