Python Forum
[New Release] PyFTPD - an FTP server with GUI and CLI versions
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[New Release] PyFTPD - an FTP server with GUI and CLI versions
Hello,

i have just released the brand new FTP server based on pyftpdlib, named PyFTPD.

You can run it from CLI with PyFTPD-cli.py or if you like GUIs run the PyFTPD.py

It is written on PyQT4 and Python 2.7.12

More at https://github.com/demosthenesk/PyFTPD

Regards,

Dim
Sweet, thanks for sharing :)

Also, for future reference, a lot of people use .gitignore files to avoid committing .pyc files, since almost nobody wants those anyway. (also, you might want to remove what looks like your public/private keys, unless those are just placeholders or examples or something)
i deleted *.pyc files. The *.pem files are for demo cases and are freely been distributed.
GUI and CLI?  does it dynamically test this when on unix?  if 'DISPLAY' in os.environ while under unix then X windows access is configured and ready to use and it should be doing GUI stuff if it can.  if that test is False then X windows is not set up so it should operate in CLI mode.  i have no idea what to test for in MS Windows or even how to test for MS Windows.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
There are two scripts. PyFTPD-cli.py and PyFTPD.py.
The first one has remarks with examples you can setup the FTP server.
The second one, is a GUI in PyQT4.

The server runs on Linux pcs.
You can run it also in Windows but only with Dummy Authorizer. Windows authorizer is not implemented.