Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New User category
How about creating a "NEW USERS START HERE" category (or forum, not sure what you call it) that contains all the threads (locked) that you want them to know as well as a poll (open) of how that came to this site, for instance:

1) Referral from old site
2) Search engine
3) Word of mouth
4) Other

btw, I just noticed that there is a "Similar Threads" area beneath the "Thread Subject" that's populated with thread subjects (well, 3 at least) that contain the words "New" and "User", now that is pretty cool :cool:
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Quote:btw, I just noticed that there is a "Similar Threads" area beneath the "Thread Subject" that's populated with thread subjects (well, 3 at least) that contain the words "New" and "User", now that is pretty cool
Thought so too.

Yeah i added that plugin in hopes that some new users find threads of things already asked and answered rather than re-asking...and us re-answering. Maybe, maybe not, we will see. 

Ive used it as a new user on other forums, and have found my answer from those when i was about to  post the question.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Request for new forum category lifeatthesharpend 1 3,460 Nov-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Last Post: metulburr