Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.44 Average
New Users Introduce Yourself
Hi
I'm new at python. Have done a lot of programming in my time, but time for something new.
I got a Raspberry Pi 3 and going to write an automation program for water control with a GUI for data info and timing input. Presently using arduino for this.
Oh, I forgot to say I'm a design engineer and architect. Also working on water purification system.
I build engines(mechanical) and create electronics and displays for new age music DJs. I'm 61 and no intention on stopping. favorite music is 21 Pilots, ACDC, and more....
Greetings -

My name is Lucas, I'm 31, and I live in Atlanta, GA. I am an absolute beginner with Python, and have just taken up coding as a hobby for almost a year, and so far I've gotten very comfortable with the basic html & CSS, and feel really good about SQL, so now I figured I would wrestle and learn an actual useful language so that's where I am now.

I have been using a combo of Library books, Youtube Videos, and Codecademy to get my training in. So, if you have any recommendations for any of those with Python, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm not really even sure where to begin but I have dl'd Python and Notepad++.

Look forward to discussing topics with you all, and thanks!
take a look at: https://python-forum.io/Thread-A-List-of...-Resources
you may find something of interest.
Also, In my opinion, this is one of the best tutorials:
for python 3 (you should be using the latest 3.6.2): http://www.python-course.eu/python3_course.php
for python 2.7 (will not be supported after 2020): http://www.python-course.eu/course.php
I am the terror that flaps in the night.... I am the icy hand that reaches your private parts... I AM DARKWING DUCK!

Just kidding I am David Graycat.....
Hello, I from Portugal and just starting python and is very powerful lanaguage.

Best Regards,

Anker_by
I bought a Raspberry Pi and discovered Python, which soon became my programming language of choice to develop in. I'm really interested in Python because it is object orientated, runs on my Raspberry Pi, and meets all my needs for making 2d games. I like to code in my spare time as a hobby.

I have experience in programming in other languages like Basic, Pascal and a little 'C'.
welcome
Hello Everybody,
My name is Saka, I am a "young" coder from Indonesia. I started Python a few years ago because I wanted to make a game from complete scratch, but now I make esoteric programming languages and other programs for fun. It seems like Python is a very easy but powerful language, which is great Big Grin
Greetings,

My name is Dominic, 27 y/o from the Netherlands.
I'm trying to learn Python for various reasons, but mainly to develop my very own programs some day.
I'm a network professional and currently working as an security engineer.
Hope to learn lots from you and contribute in some way!
Moved this to introduction thread, sorry didn't see it!