Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.44 Average
New Users Introduce Yourself
New to the forum AND new to Python. I read another thread posted from someone who is questioning whether or not programming was the right field to study and I'm at the same point in my education but I'm more optimistic. I'm getting discouraged because it seems to be very reliant on math and I am absolutely TERRIBLE at math. I'm having to study algebra and geometry in my spare time just to finish some of the school labs. I'm in my very first programming class and only 5 weeks into it so I suppose I shouldn't get worried but I can't even picture ever writing a useful program at this point haha. I'll keep chugging along... and that's partly why I'm here... so I can get some help when needed. My professor is pretty much terrible. I'm in a virtual class so I expected to have to do a lot on my own but the professor doesn't respond to the question forums or emails so I've had to ask friends and use google to complete much of my assignments. He wrote all of the labs himself and they are riddled with typos and syntax errors which affect what we have to write in our code (I had to write an output that says "How much does the item weigh?" but his expected output was "How much does the item weights". Ridiculous.

Anyway TL:DR... I'm coming off of a high after just finishing a rather difficult lab and decided "I should see if there's a Python forum somewhere that would be easier to use than Stack Overflow (the people there assume you already know everything about Python and I know next to nothing). So hello! Happy to be here. ;)
I'm pretty bad at math.  I frequently joke that that's why I program, so I can make the computer do all the complicated stuff for me.  :p

Also, I think a non-responsive teacher, while annoying, is a good thing to encounter eventually.  Once you're in the "real world", you'll need to know how to learn new things, or find quick answers to things, without having someone you can lean on.  I've been a professional programmer for over 10 years, and I still google how to do things on a near daily basis.  The nature of the googling changes, though.  At first it was "how do I do x", and now it's more of "how do I do x in language y", or perhaps looking up the docs to a function because I can't remember the order of the arguments.
Thank you that is reassuring. I'm not young so I know what you mean by having to work without someone to lean on, it's just daunting when you're doing something completely new (the entirety of my experience with "programming" is HTML and CSS).
The official tutorial is pretty good: https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/
And if there's something that trips you up, feel free to ask, that's why we're here!  :p
Good day members. I am a new member and also new to Python progamming in particular. I joined this forum to be able to easily get help and learn fast.

I welcome your advice and will like (an) expert hand(s) as (a) memtor(s).Thanks.
Welcome and hope you are using Python 3.6.3  Smile
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
memtor: a person who helps you remember things.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Hello, pleased to meet ya.
Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum
Hello , i Started learning python because is more clean than C/C++, good to start as well... and can be used for web app and general... keep in touch,

Best Regards..