Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.44 Average
New Users Introduce Yourself
If you think that a module is so cool why not try to port it to version 3?
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
most code is best upported by the original author who understands better how it works.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
My point was that perhaps a lot of modules are not developing anymore and they are abandoned. Just see the last updated date.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Hi everyone !

I arrived here last week, but I just saw this topic.

I am originally a biologist, but I turned towards bioinformatics during my PhD. I have very basic knowledge in programming (I used Matlab, perl or python, depending on the projects I was involved with, and I also know basic shell and html/css). I will have to increase this knowledge as I just started a post-doc, which is why I joined you. I am hoping I will find here a nice community where I can find some help when I don't understand someone else's script that I have to use, or when I am having trouble creating my own.

I have experience being an admin on another forum (dedicated to help french Role-Play Forums for their graphic design, codes and texts), so I know what it's like, and I'll try not to transgress rules. If I do, just let me know and I'll make sure I won't do this ever again.

Have a nice day !
If there's a programming language I'd like to master, it has be Python. Even after three years of learning a few programming languages at university. Nothing else will do. Nice to be here even if I should have joined the community much earlier. Thanks.
Hey, guys! I'm new here! :) My name is Sebastian, and I'm kind of new to programming... Working on it!
Welcome. Let us know how we can help and have fun.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Hi everyone!

I'm new to programming. Slowly working my way through a beginner's Python course on Udemy.

I'm an English major and a full-time writer. I'm learning to code because I want to work my brain in different ways. Writing articles and books all day makes my brain soggy.

Cheers!
Here's a tease, you can combine English and programming: Natural Language Toolkit
(Feb-10-2018, 01:24 AM)R_Olivaw Wrote: Hi everyone!

I'm new to programming. Slowly working my way through a beginner's Python course on Udemy.

I'm an English major and a full-time writer. I'm learning to code because I want to work my brain in different ways. Writing articles and books all day makes my brain soggy.

Cheers!

Good to see someone else here who has facility with natural language. I haven't had much success translating mine into facility with Python, but am still working at it. Hope you have faster success.