Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.44 Average
New Users Introduce Yourself
Just wanted to introduce myself as I just joined this forum.

Brand new to Python, so I just know I'll have multiple opportunities to embarrass myself with noob questions that will seem obvious in a while. I did Clipper coding for a living back when but have not done any for a long while. GUI stuff is new to me. As is OO. I admit I'm struggling. Things just don't come as easily as they used to.

My place is all Linux, openSUSE 42.3 although I do have a copy of Win 10 that I can boot to when I feel masochistic. (That ought to get a response!)

I do have a project I'm trying to develop, so I'll most likely be here asking dumb stuff. Looking forward to having some fun doing coding again.

Predirt
No question too dumb, like your hat!
Hey all, I'm Yash and I'm new here. I was a professional Python dev for about two years. It was a few years ago and I was just about to learn how to write C extensions... then they cancelled my project.

Anyway, Python is my favorite "at home" language because it's fun to use and flexible -- it's great for "crafters", that's my favorite thing about it.
Quote:It's great for "crafters"
But also for professional software a few of which are: You Tube, Drop Box,
Google mainframe foundation, Quora, Instagram, BitTorrent, Yahoo Maps, Reddit
(Feb-23-2018, 01:59 AM)yashp Wrote: ...Python is...great for "crafters", that's my favorite thing about it.

As a casual tinkerer I approve of that sentiment. :-)

Welcome to the forum.
Hi, I'm recently retired and thought I would like to learn to code but have no prior experience, I bought a cozmo robot as was recomended by a friend and have had great fun, but now I want to start to learn rather than just run the example scripts, please bear with my stupid questions and help me out if you can Smile
just sit back and have fun!
Hello, my name is Crypto.
I like Python and am very glad I found people who do as well.

I hope you welcome my stay with open arms.

This is the only introduction I will post, and I'll make sure it isn't lengthy;

I love problem-solving and readable code as well as CS related topics.

I am an overall nice guy and hope that I can learn along with my forum comrades.

Crypto
Hi guys! I’m a new member, hope to learn something :)
Hello

my name is Wim and I'm new to Python. I'm an electronic engineer by trade and software engineer / troubleshooter by profession.

From a coding perspective, I've written code in MCS51 and PIC assembly, C, Tcl/Tk and bash. Most knowledge is rusty :( I nowadays mostly write windows services in C# and some powershell stuff and have picked up C++ (thanks to Arduino; still learning).

I'm now trying to get my feet wet with python and try to walk before I can crawl :)

Regards, WimS