Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.44 Average
New Users Introduce Yourself
Quote:I'm an older guy from Australia
I'm Not from Australia, the 60+ refers to how much older I used to be, should have been changed a few years back+,
welcome and enjoy.
Hey, I'm Davor.
I have vb C# SQL background, and now happy to get into Python.
I'm the author of a small tool called Virtual Forms, it is an ActiveX server control, that was intended to work only with VBA (64-bit & 32-bit version of Office).
But as my friends and colleagues used it, they managed to persuade me to make this tool to be available in VB.NET and C#.
And now the need to make Virtual Forms available within Python has brought me here.
Davor
Hi All,

Am Workload Automation engineer and mainly used shell scripting for my automation.
Now working on platform independent code, hence want to learn python.
Hi!

I am so excited about coding, I must be new. It is not so much that I am new, it is that I have a new purpose for developing a thorough understanding of coding. I am a tech ed teacher and have taught coding within the context of various assignments for years. I am getting a master's in cybersecurity, 3 more classes to go. I have my CISSP. Even so, I see that my understanding is insufficient to the task. I'm only taking one class this fall, (beside teaching and coaching) so I bought texts assigned to computer science courses at VA Tech and am reading those to develop my understanding of the purpose behind the code, it structure and function. I also bought K&R's book on the C Programming Language. Right now I'm reading Computer Systems A Programmer's Perspective by Bryant and Hallaron at Carnegie Mellon, in addition to a few other books. I like it's perspective on otherwise familiar issues, and have stayed up much too late with my reading. I look forward to Programming Language Pragmatics, by Michael Scott.

I have worked with Python in cryptography. It was sink or swim and I made it work by teaching myself some Python online while keeping up with the coursework. Now I am working though Python A Crash Course, and I like the code within the context of a project.

I have a lot of respect for the developers at this site, and am thankful for your contributions here and for your work. I am also reading and working through The Linux Bible by Christopher Negus, and appreciate his contribution.
Welcome and enjoy!
Hi,

I am embarking on a project to create a Smith Chart calculator via Python and Matlab. I am pretty new to programming and would require assostance for this. My idea is to source for smith chart codes from MatLab library and integrate it to Python. I would like to create a simple smith chsrt calculator program via Python and upload this program into the internet via WAMP Server.
Sounds like interesting project. Don't hesitate to ask questions. To get help you will need to post your code (in python tags) and full traceback if you get exceptions (in error tags).
I will move this to New user introduce yourself section, because there is no question asked yet.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Hi guys, i am new in this forum, very glad to join this forum...

I think being in love with life is a key to eternal youth
(Sep-26-2018, 05:23 AM)Harry1122 Wrote: Hi guys, i am new in this forum, very glad to join this forum... I think being in love with life is a key to eternal youth
Welcome to the forums. Please, if you can and are willing to offer help for particular question/problem be concrete and to the point. Try to avoid posting content that is not related to particular question.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Welcome!