Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.44 Average
New Users Introduce Yourself
Hey, glad to have found a forum for python. I'm just getting started with python with a goal of getting into machine learning. More specifically interested in natural speech comprehension - but first just trying to get a hold of basics.
Also glad I found a forum. New to Python and working on a very large project to manage rare breed livestock flocks/herds, registrations and do population analyses. Coming from being the primary programmer for a single flock management system written in Java for Android. I am now trying to turn my the SQLIte Queries I do all my reports in into a normal user friendly GUI Python app using tkinter and add certain additional features but struggling with some basic Python concepts and hwo they differ from Java.
I'm an ex-Java coder hoping to find sanity in another language.

I wrote a massive Java GUI application a few years ago which attempted to edit a PS1 video game (SaGa Frontier, if you're interested) but gave up on it due to bizarre conflicts between GUI objects, data, threads, and atomicity that I could never quite figure out. This left me extremely burned out on not-for-profit programming for years, and I have decided to take the leap again with what I hope is a less... well, it's hard to describe Java without using expletives, so let's just say a Nicer Language and leave it at that.

I hang out mostly on GameFAQs and a handful of romhacking sites. If you ever want to know more than you could ever possibly want to know about CD-ROM file systems, I'm the guy to ask.

My plans for Python are to avoid GUI programming as much as possible until I determine if the issues I encountered exist only in Java or are common to all GUI applications. Until then I'll develop scripts that work in tandem with spreadsheets to edit games, and maybe make some Python scripts that work inside LibreOffice Calc spreadsheets.
Hello everyone. Thanks for accepting me in your community. I am a beginner in Python and I am loving it.
I am looking for to read bio signals in python from biosensors. Any suggestion on accurate sensing hardware and how to start? Libraries, etc...
Many thanks!
Hi everyone! It is nice to be here. I started my Python course few days ago and was looking for communities. Hope to find good teachers and friends here :)
I dabble in Python every once in a while. Apparently I only think about looking at this forum every few months, so thought I'd try the welcome post to see if my account will stay around a little longer :-)
Good morning everyone,

I am Noor, I currently work for an e-portfolio web technology platform provider.

I have very little knowledge in coding languages, however, I want to change this and learn Python.

I have set myself a challenge to develop a basic PDF scraper by Jan 2021, I know this is very ambitious and possibly unrealistic!

I will really be grateful if anyone could provide me links to basic tutorials which will enable me to at least make a start on the challenge I have set myself, if not complete it?

All advice will be greatly appreciated.

:)
Noor
Quote:Noor39
I have set myself a challenge to develop a basic PDF scraper by Jan 2021, I know this is very ambitious and possibly unrealistic!

This is quite an undertaking. Are you sure you want to tackle something so huge as your first project, And by 2021? I think I would have a difficult time doing that by then.

At any rate, you can start with the specification ( PDF Reference, Sixth Edition, version 1.7 )
which is here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_ref...chive.html

Welcome to the forum.
Hello World!

Thanks for reading my welcoming message.

Python is my first coding language I am attempting to learn. To do so I am reading and working through "Crash Course Python" by Eric Matthes.

I am here currently seeking a community to work and learn with. So, if you have any advice on modes to learn or better books I would gladly like to hear it.

I also seek some folks who are just starting as well and want to start a project together. Something simple as a hands on learning tool.

Thanks for reading hope to be successful

SpecialK
(Jun-28-2020, 03:35 PM)Yoriz Wrote: What reason are you going to give us the need to delete your account Think
New accounts here before that didn't have any messages were deleted. I've already had it deleted once