Python Forum
New Users Introduce Yourself
Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.44 Average
New Users Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Kristoffer, I am studying to become a data scientist and since I am totally new to Python, I thought this was the place to be Tongue

See you around and nice to meet you all Heart

--
UniKlixX
Good afternoon,

I just came across this forum a few days ago and have been hooked since. I started programming in 7th grade (34 now) with QBASIC. For whatever reason, I stopped in high school (life happens lol). I moved from the Production Engineering to Quality dept at work a few years ago, and used VBA to automate our work instruction authoring/publishing processes, as well as automating our test stations (using excel VBA to talk to a PLC). It reminded me how much I loved programming. I just started a college programming cert a couple months ago, and am hoping to jump ship in the next couple years into programming professionally. My end goal is to create my own trading algorithm with Python. I have also been hooked on stock options, and think an algorithm that executes my strategy (without human error or emotion) would be awesome. Well, sorry for the book. Glad I found this forum.

JTHilliard
Hello. I'm here to introduce myself to all of you.
I began learning Python about 10 days ago. I'm currently a full-time employee at a medium-size company, that's not related to tech at all.

My goal is to be comfortable with Python. Then, I would like to learn about Linux and networking. My interests also lay in engineering and science. Being an architecture or researching on renewable energy would be cool.

I appreciate you and your community, hope all is well!
Hi Guys!

My name is Victor. Im 25 years old and come from West Germany. I have studied Computer Science for 3 years without learning programming.

Since I work at my Job we didnt really use any specific programming language we just used Tools such as Windows Access or Joomla for Webistes

Now I am learning Python since last month I really like it more then some other programming languages I've tried.
I received a welcome back msg. when I registered so have indeed used this forum in the past. Really happy to have (re-)found this excellent resource and see it being well maintained and supported by so many viewers / members. As stated there a few such forums available for Python.

Any viewers not joined up yet who read this, please sign up, it makes all the difference and increases the chance of you activily participating, which is a key point of such communities.

Looking forward to learning, learning and learning more .py from the learned within.

Sincere thanks to the admins, mods and generally amasing people that make this possible, kepping it alive and real.

Sincere respect and thanks for your efforts.

Tom (Aust.)
Hi Cryptus and m12m2! Welcome to the forum.
Hello Everyone!

I'm Brandon... an automotive car painter by trade, food truck owner through marriage, and an new, yet avid hobbyist in all thing electric/robotic. My children are grown now and I finally have time to goof around with the things that have always fascinated me...specifically electronic anything. And I seriously mean anything....from resistors and capacitors to mosfets to logic controllers, to microprocessors! I want to know how everything works and have been truly truly enjoying everything I've been learning. I am currently enrolled in an edX online course to learn Python programming in order to gain some mastery over the many projects in my head yet to be performed, and have found that while many concepts with regard to computer programming are somewhat intuitive, many others require a great deal of "figuring." I find the latter to be rewarding -ly challenging, but also will find at times that I'm completely incompetent. I joined this forum in order to perhaps be able to gain insight to things that I am struggling with, and to perhaps just get to rub shoulders with the likes of you all from which I have so much to learn.
Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself, I am new to coding and programming and wanted to say hi to the community and write a little blurb about who I am and hopefully you will enjoy!

My name is Dan, I am 32 years old. I have recently gotten back into programming and coding in the past few months and noticed myself coding in my free time and learning about general programming concepts on the weekend, so I though why not find a new forum!

I programmed in high school, I took all the programming classes available at my school, which at the time in the early 2000's was not that much. We had rudimentary classes on Visual Basic, C++, and Java. I took all 3 of the classes. I wish I taken it more seriously, I did not being an immature teen, but liked computers so I took the classes and learned what I could; so it at least laid a decent foundation.

I recently decided to take it a bit more seriously. What got me initially motivated was actually seeing a lot of people at my work in this field, like 'application developers', if you could even call them that, writing really and I mean REALLY crappy applications for excel and outlook and other office suite programs in VBA. The stuff is so bad they give us sometimes, that I end up debugging and fixing on my own. And again, I only have a HIGH SCHOOL, programming education, not good huh? Anyway, it got me interested at the bare minimum taking a look at what's changed since high school in the coding world.

I also thought I really should brush up on coding and show some initiative and try to learn a new language. It is such a valuable skill and I have taken it for granted by not pursuing it further in my 20's after I graduated college. I went to college for Finance, which is another passion of mine if anyone has any interest in that field, I love learning about finance, also! (Yes, HFT fascinates me and also peaked my interest after all those documentaries came out after the flash crash, at the time I did not even know was HFT was! Very cool field!)

Anyway after watching some videos and myself being into big data among other things, landed on python and noticed it is very popular language for certain tasks I am interested in completing, so I thought it would be a good language to start learning.

After doing this for the past few months, I have really been getting into python specifically, so I thought it would be a cool idea to join a community and start contributing and getting feedback also on some small programs I have written.

I have a full time job, I also enjoy doing a few online endeavors as a side business to make money and I am always looking for something new to get involved in.

In general, I love learning about business, finance, and entrepreneurship; I read books and watch videos on YouTube from people whose insight I value, and ignore quite a lot of people that post these recent phenonma of vapid click-bait content.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the trend now a days on YT which is disheartening, because everyone seems to be wanting views over content leading to these shitty videos, but alas I can still find some good substantive videos here and there. I also read a ton of books on business which I can recommend some if anyone would like!

I would love to log on everyday and contribute some programs I have written, get constructive criticism so I can get better, and hopefully help others once I get better at python!

I wanted to join a traditional forum because I dislike reddit and the whole threaded upvote/down conversation based websites, I think at times it doesn't allow certain people to get their questions answered and only focuses on 'viral' or controversial topics which again reinforces that vapid useless content regurgitation that I despise, so I hope being on here will avoid that.

It seems to be the case, after browsing a few boards on here it seems that everyone is extremely nice and productive so I am excited to contribute.

Thank you so much and I look forward to meeting more of you, feel free to ask me any questions and I am exciting to contribute to the community!

(Nov-07-2019, 10:14 PM)Meyerb2008 Wrote: Hello Everyone!

I'm Brandon... an automotive car painter by trade, food truck owner through marriage, and an new, yet avid hobbyist in all thing electric/robotic. My children are grown now and I finally have time to goof around with the things that have always fascinated me...specifically electronic anything. And I seriously mean anything....from resistors and capacitors to mosfets to logic controllers, to microprocessors! I want to know how everything works and have been truly truly enjoying everything I've been learning. I am currently enrolled in an edX online course to learn Python programming in order to gain some mastery over the many projects in my head yet to be performed, and have found that while many concepts with regard to computer programming are somewhat intuitive, many others require a great deal of "figuring." I find the latter to be rewarding -ly challenging, but also will find at times that I'm completely incompetent. I joined this forum in order to perhaps be able to gain insight to things that I am struggling with, and to perhaps just get to rub shoulders with the likes of you all from which I have so much to learn.

Hi Brandon, I am new to the forum also, very nice to meet you!

Hello Brandon, I am new to the forum to, very nice to meet you I am very interested in learning about how all that stuff works too. Another thing that has really gotten me involved. Thank you for sharing!

(Nov-23-2019, 05:01 PM)CodingStranger Wrote: Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself, I am new to coding and programming and wanted to say hi to the community and write a little blurb about who I am and hopefully you will enjoy!

My name is Dan, I am 32 years old. I have recently gotten back into programming and coding in the past few months and noticed myself coding in my free time and learning about general programming concepts on the weekend, so I though why not find a new forum!

I programmed in high school, I took all the programming classes available at my school, which at the time in the early 2000's was not that much. We had rudimentary classes on Visual Basic, C++, and Java. I took all 3 of the classes. I wish I taken it more seriously, I did not being an immature teen, but liked computers so I took the classes and learned what I could; so it at least laid a decent foundation.

I recently decided to take it a bit more seriously. What got me initially motivated was actually seeing a lot of people at my work in this field, like 'application developers', if you could even call them that, writing really and I mean REALLY crappy applications for excel and outlook and other office suite programs in VBA. The stuff is so bad they give us sometimes, that I end up debugging and fixing on my own. And again, I only have a HIGH SCHOOL, programming education, not good huh? Anyway, it got me interested at the bare minimum taking a look at what's changed since high school in the coding world.

I also thought I really should brush up on coding and show some initiative and try to learn a new language. It is such a valuable skill and I have taken it for granted by not pursuing it further in my 20's after I graduated college. I went to college for Finance, which is another passion of mine if anyone has any interest in that field, I love learning about finance, also! (Yes, HFT fascinates me and also peaked my interest after all those documentaries came out after the flash crash, at the time I did not even know was HFT was! Very cool field!)

Anyway after watching some videos and myself being into big data among other things, landed on python and noticed it is very popular language for certain tasks I am interested in completing, so I thought it would be a good language to start learning.

After doing this for the past few months, I have really been getting into python specifically, so I thought it would be a cool idea to join a community and start contributing and getting feedback also on some small programs I have written.

I have a full time job, I also enjoy doing a few online endeavors as a side business to make money and I am always looking for something new to get involved in.

In general, I love learning about business, finance, and entrepreneurship; I read books and watch videos on YouTube from people whose insight I value, and ignore quite a lot of people that post these recent phenonma of vapid click-bait content.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the trend now a days on YT which is disheartening, because everyone seems to be wanting views over content leading to these shitty videos, but alas I can still find some good substantive videos here and there. I also read a ton of books on business which I can recommend some if anyone would like!

I would love to log on everyday and contribute some programs I have written, get constructive criticism so I can get better, and hopefully help others once I get better at python!

I wanted to join a traditional forum because I dislike reddit and the whole threaded upvote/down conversation based websites, I think at times it doesn't allow certain people to get their questions answered and only focuses on 'viral' or controversial topics which again reinforces that vapid useless content regurgitation that I despise, so I hope being on here will avoid that.

It seems to be the case, after browsing a few boards on here it seems that everyone is extremely nice and productive so I am excited to contribute.

Thank you so much and I look forward to meeting more of you, feel free to ask me any questions and I am exciting to contribute to the community!

Hello Brandon, I am new to the forum to, very nice to meet you I am very interested in learning about how all that stuff works too. Another thing that has really gotten me involved. Thank you for sharing!

Sorry about the above, I was trying to make a new post didn't seem to work lol
Hello I'm Martin, I'm a newbie programmer. I'm here to learn as much as I share. Sorry for my bad English btw...
Hi,

Hello Friends,

I am the new member,

Thanks.