Python Forum
New to Python - What are the basic concepts, uses, and fundamentals?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Python - What are the basic concepts, uses, and fundamentals?
I am trying to get a general understanding of Python. Can anyone give me a crash course of the basics? Not necessarily the specifics, but mainly the concepts (i.e. what it is, what it does).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_(pr..._language)
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-07-2019, 04:29 PM)JohnWithGCSRecruitment Wrote: I am trying to get a general understanding of Python. Can anyone give me a crash course of the basics? Not necessarily the specifics, but mainly the concepts (i.e. what it is, what it does).

it is the combination of good features that many other languages have, but not all together, that is a great benefit to the software ecology.

1. an easy to work with namespace-oriented dynamic data model that includes simple basic data types and easy to expand container types.

2. simple class/object programming model.

3. a syntax that is easy to write that helps make your code easier to read.

4. a "batteries included" library that gets you started in just about every direction and can be expanded beyond belief by thousands of free packages.

note: "easy" applies to both beginners learning Python and experienced coders wanting to be sure their code is high quality

Python has consistently had the fastest growing user base for the past several years.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Python is a very easy object oriented language in comparison to other OOP languages like java, C++ etc. It can be used in app development and web development also. It also has a lot of framework and libraries which makes it very easy for developer as well as user to understand.
Python Course Description-
  1. Needs of python to individuals
  1. Structure of python
  1. Steps required for execution
  1. Interactive shells
  1. Executable or draft files
  1. Memory Management or Garbage Collection
  1. Object creation or deletion
  1. Data types or how to operate them
  1. Modules and Packages
B
  1. ound or unbound methods of python
  1. References and exercises
Python Tutorial

This may be more detail than you are looking for, but it's a pretty good resource I have used in the past.