Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to python! Loops
So I have been given a problem asking for the BMI of each person in the list using a loop. There are 6 sublists within the list we will call person_data. In the sublist contain [name,weight,hight]. I know that BMI=weight/height**2. I'm just having a problem running the loop to calculate each BMI for each person. I know I'm missing something simple. Am I supposed to index the BMI equation? I'm trying to use a for loop. I created a he blank BMI list.Any help is greatly appreciated.
There are several options, one of them presented below (unpack, calculate, output):

spam = [[5, 6, 7], [50, 60, 70]]
for item in spam:
    first, second, third = item
    print(f'{first}: {second * third}')
Output of this code will be:

Output:
5: 42 50: 4200
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
If you are in the US you also need to convert the height to meters and the weight to kilograms.

What format are you looking for with your output?
This is homework, we will help you but first you have to show what you have. First make the list.
person_data = []
person_data.append(['Seeley', 82, 1.92])
person_data.append(['Jeff', 95, 1.86])
# ...
print(person_data)
Now continue. Chop chop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error in loops, new to Python jhall710 20 12,193 Apr-25-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: smbx33