Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No response required
Adding
Quote:No response required
as a new post to existing threads just seems spammy and makes it look like there is something new to look at in the thread when there isn't.
Im not sure if i like that method either. Personally i dont mind having unanswered post lists. Others want to get the number to 0 so they can tell when a post has been unanswered. Thus the reason for "no response required" posts. But we have yet to ever get the number down to 0 at all.

I have been searching for a solution for admins/mods to tag select threads to remove from a group...but i dont see anything remotely resembling that method for a plugin. But ill keep searching.
Recommended Tutorials:
A temporarily hack i was thinking of was to 

1) make a thread prefix of [NR] (no response). 
2) Make a admin/mod tool, to add thread prefix [NR] to easily modify posts. 
3) Then modify the unanswered post search plugin to search out only threads with no prefixes and 0 responses (currently its ignoring the thread prefix) 
4) Then the end result would be the admin/mod would only have to select X threads to [NR] prefix in the mod tool to have it ignored in the unanswered post search result. 

The problem with this is 
A) modifying the plugin would be certainly more simpler than creating a new plugin, it still might be a bit to figure it out (im not great at php)
B) That would mean we have a bunch of thread prefixes labeling threads that expect no response. 
C) If for some reason a new user selected the thread prefix of NR, their post would not go into unanswered post (unlikely, but possible)
Recommended Tutorials:
As much as I'd love to see that number go down, I think just replying to the threads is better than trying to update the plugin, since reapplying to the patch is a pain after updates.
The list of unanswered posts does appear to be sorted by date. If you're looking for posts that maybe need an answer, you can just skim back until the last time you were here (or looked at the list).
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Is there a plugin for tagging posts? That way we can tag certain things as "closed", and the search could just list threads that haven't been closed yet...?