Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob. Importing Help.
Hi,

I am currently using Python 3.3.0 based on a restriction, and as a result, I have been attempting to install packages with no success. More specifically, I am trying to install the quotequail package, but don't know how to. I don't have PIP or SetupTools. When I try to install SetupTools, it says I need version 3.4 or higher. PIP hasn't been able to install because it says I need SetupTools.
I have tried to install by typing python setup.py install, which displays several error messages, one of which is the requirement of SetupTools, which needs 3.4 or higher. Seems like I'm stuck in a loop.

I've also just tried placing the "quotequail" directory in the same directory in my program, and therefore, allowing import to find it and its __init__.py file.

None of this has worked. Many of my troubles stem from the fact of using 3.3.0, but as I said, I must use this version of python.

I've googled alot and have tried many different solutions without success.

Question: How can I add the following modules/packages to my code? I just want to be able to execute the code without being in a special directory, by including the required files or by placing the appropriate files (I've read about sys.path but couldn't try it since I don't have the quotequail.py file)

These are the ones that I'm trying to import, and this is how they appear in my code:

import imaplib
import email
from datetime import datetime
import quotequail

Note: quotequail is the only software package that I had to download manually. The rest I just imported and magically worked. What I am suggesting is that all other imports **seem** to be working, with the exception of quotequail, which I mentioned is the one that I downloaded manually.

I was also thinking of using another computer and download the latest python version. Use the pip and setuptools that are already built in to it, do whatever I have to do, and then copy the result into the sys.path.

I put my quotequail folder with

__init__.py
_html.py
_internal.py
_patterns.py

into Python33-->Lib-->site-packages

But when I try to run my program, I still get errors, which you can see from the attached image link.

In this situation, what is happening is that TestMain script is calling GmailReadEmail function in the GmailReadEmail.py file. The TestMain script has import GmailReadEmail from GmailReadEmail. The GmailReadEmail file contains all of the imports.

quotequail Errors