Python Forum
Noob wanting some pointers
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob wanting some pointers
Hi. I am a complete noob to programming, but have done some visual programming in the past.
So I want to make a small project to practice (always easier to learn that way).

Project goal:

I have a dual computer setup with a mac and a pc. And I only use the mac keyboard.
When I connect the mac keyboard to the pc, weird stuff happens to the ctrl/alt/cmd keys, since they layout is different from a pc keyboard layout.
Normally I would get by this, but doing some registry editing stuff, but I would like a more easy solution (much more complex to make, yes, but everyone needs a hobby-project:) )
So my project is this:
Make a mac keyboard to windows keyboard "translater" program.
In the long run, I want it to run on an arduino board, that is connected between the keyboard and a pc/mac.

Could anyone give me a rough idea of some keywords I can google?
Some pointers and hits would be greatly apprecieated.
For starters, I would like some hints towards getting a keyboard input and converting it do a different output.

It might take me forever to finish, but I want to learn.

Thanks a lot:)
No one?:)
This is a hardware question. Most keyboard can be reconfigured at the OS level.

I know zilch about MAC but do know Apple will always make sure its hardware is incompatible with PC.

Best place to ask is the arduino forums, where the hardware hackers abound and probably already have a sketch for the nano.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie wanting to install Python tony202 3 2,205 Jul-04-2020, 05:47 AM
Last Post: ndc85430