Python Forum
Not Sure how to go about this
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Not Sure how to go about this
Hello, I'm a beginner when it comes to python and so far I've absolutely loved the langue but i'm to create a script to check all the users on a network see if they're admin and if the are switch them to the default user. As well as check their passwords and see if they meet policy. i'm running ubuntu and am the admin of the network but every so often need to check these and change them if you link me tutorial that would help or some examples or how you wold go about this script let me know thanks in advanced.
(Aug-08-2017, 06:24 PM)lavarockman Wrote: As well as check their passwords and see if they meet policy
Passwords (even in the /etc/passwd file) are one-way hashes of the passwords.  You can't check if they meet policy, because you can't reverse them to the actual password.  If you could check them against policy, that would defeat the entire purpose of a password.  Would you CAN do, though, is setup a password changing tool that enforced policy, and then force everyone to change their password using the tool.
Okay sweet thank you i really appreciate your help