Python Forum
Notepad++ with Python interpreter
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Notepad++ with Python interpreter
Not sure that I understand you. Do we go with Run File in Python Interactive?
I don't see option you mentioned when I click on py file tab ( what I do when use command prompt ).
yes. Run file in Python or Run file in Python Interactive. I use the later as it keeps the cmd window open and in interactive mode. So you can always view the results and eventually you can do something in interactive mode afterwards. The former option would open cmd window execute the file and close it. You need to ask for some input at the end to prevent window from closing and to be able to view the results.

Keep in mind that this is just some sort of run-your-file-in-IDE way to execute python code.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Basically, I don't see why would I use PyNpp, right click on file and Open containing folder in cmd is good enough.
Please help. Now I installed Notepad++ on my Windows 10, started it with administrative privileges and still don't see an option to install plugins. There are only 4 included:
1. NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only)
2. Converter 4.2.1
3. Mime Tool 2.1
4. DSpellCheck 1.3.5

I'd like to be able to install Python indent. Do not know how from here. Basically, there is no Plugin Manager for Windows 10.

I found plugin here:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/kereds.../downloads
BUT...can't unzip it and use it...I guess this is some old version.

it looks that I face problem whenever it runs to dll file. I'm trying to install python 3.7 on my W10 and again the same issue...

edit: Problem resolved. It looks that I have a problem with total commander. When used This PC ( My Computer ) there was no problem. I needed to use Run As Administrator.
Did anyone try this plugin?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plu...%20Plugin/

It's a debugger, I've just installed it. Not sure how to use it yet. lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  filtering python code the interpreter reads Skaperen 0 1,148 Feb-02-2022, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Why does pycharm return nothing when Python interpreter does? Jessy 3 4,688 Nov-13-2019, 03:27 PM
Last Post: ndc85430
  high light change made in notepad nadavrock 0 1,580 Jul-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nadavrock
  Notepad vs anaconda spyder or python shell ShadowAlpha 2 2,916 Jun-26-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: perfringo
  clearing an interactive python interpreter/shell rootVIII 4 3,624 Jan-28-2019, 05:14 PM
Last Post: rootVIII