Python Forum
Odd Behavior with Read Posts
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd Behavior with Read Posts
I'm seeing some odd behavior with read posts this morning. First, this thread was refusing to mark as read, no matter how many times I read it. Then I went to check a user's post because I thought they might have double posted, and all of a sudden everything got marked as read.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I know if someone edits the last post in a thread that it will mark that thread for everyone as not read again. I have had this happen even right after i read it. It appears like it glitched but it was just because they completed the edit after i read it. The last thread was edited by snippsat as that is currently the last post. Not sure if this was about that time you read it or not.

Also i think there are times when one thread is stubborn and does not mark as read to only certain people even. They seem to be rare though. Rare enough where you can read all other threads and quick fix it by "mark all thread read" link to fix it.
Recommended Tutorials:
Yeah, I'd noticed the edit thing before. I checked for that, but it said the last post hadn't been edited for 17 minutes. Could that happen if someone edits a previous post (not the last one)?
I wish you happiness.
i think its only the last post.

(Apr-10-2019, 05:37 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: it said the last post hadn't been edited for 17 minutes
Maybe it somehow skipped or delayed to set yours marked as unread?
Recommended Tutorials:
Maybe, I don't know.
I wish you happiness.
I've had similar issues in the past, though it's definitely an intermittent thing.
ditto
it has happened to me, too. but the post really was edited, so there was content i had not read. i read it, again and all was well.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  posts remain in Unread Posts after read Larz60+ 27 45,385 Jun-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Kebap
  Thread remains in New Posts after complete read Larz60+ 19 198,889 Apr-24-2017, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Larz60+