Python Forum
Offensive user titles?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive user titles?
(Aug-13-2019, 06:27 AM)MvGulik Wrote: Not sure if I would call using Monty Python reverences in relation to something python language related ... unique.
Its more unique than a numerical value that increases.

If people read the help docs (which is instructed to at registration), then they should already know that where the user titles come from. They might not know exactly where each one comes from, but know they all do come from that. Most people that have an issue with it though 1) has not read the help docs and 2) has no idea what Monty Python is and/or has no idea that Python is named after Monty Python.

I guess i could add links to each one of those, but i dont think people read that.
Recommended Tutorials:
Linked title to its origin will be something fun. And Python is almost all about this, right? :)
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
i already added them. Proofread them or see if there is a better link for one or the other.
Recommended Tutorials:
Well, my title is not a link.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Aug-13-2019, 11:33 AM)metulburr Wrote: Most people that have an issue with it though 1) has not read the help docs and 2) has no idea what Monty Python is and/or has no idea that Python is named after Monty Python.
Or
3) have an issue with it ... because of the related sketch.

The Lumberjack song comes to mind. ... lol

(Aug-13-2019, 11:33 AM)metulburr Wrote: I guess i could add links to each one of those, but i dont think people read that.
(i already added them)
Nice.
Whether people use/follow those links is kinda irrelevant. That there there to make it easy for those that like to explore them - is. :-)

---

if you like to be bold, you could link the user-title in the user-posts to the user-title page.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User Titles sparkz_alot 32 24,317 Oct-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Last Post: metulburr