Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Forums lock
Switchover is in two days. It might be time to increase the size of the banners telling people to register and ask new questions here.
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
I made a new category with the only forum a link to here with description. 

Quote:It might be time to increase the size of the banners telling people to register and ask new questions here.

I tried that earlier. And i have a restricted account where i cant even access the templates to create a banner. I dont think anyone has the ability to even access the templates...except for the MIA admin.

One of the best advertisements we can do is write in large in our signature with a link to here that we have moved. In that way people coming to a certain thread from google will see in our signatures of our posts (and we have a lot combined, probably the majority between all admins/mods) and know wihtout even leaving that thread, why they are not allowed to post in that thread, etc. ....and i say large because we normally would complain to people about large text in their signatures as annoying. And because of that there are not many signatures with large text, making it stand out more.
Recommended Tutorials:
Quote:Switchover is in two days.
2 days? There is no 31st this month. Its oct 1 in parts of the world now.
http://everytimezone.com/#2016-9-30,129,cn3
Recommended Tutorials:
It looks like someone is locking down the old forum. I can't reply or post new threads any more. Is that you, metulburr?
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Sep-30-2016, 02:55 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Is that you, metulburr?
Yes it is.
Recommended Tutorials:
Are we a little early? It's still 3pm in September, UTC, and most of the world isn't in October yet. I was planning on being somewhat lenient. What happens to all the people with open threads? There's no reply button, but it's very non-obvious what's going on if you just stumbled into the site.
Also, did you make a backup before locking it down? I thought that was part of the plan as well.
Take this post as example of someone who might be clueless, if they bookmarked their post or something http://python-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21171
Well, we can make a backup after locking it down, can't we?
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Sep-30-2016, 03:18 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Well, we can make a backup after locking it down, can't we?

Yes, I just did it. Still caught off guard here though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SEO and Python Forums sparkz_alot 4 47,472 Oct-16-2020, 11:46 AM
Last Post: metulburr
  Adding sub forums metulburr 5 6,753 Sep-19-2016, 12:01 AM
Last Post: snippsat