Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oldies but goodies
(Oct-21-2016, 10:05 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: What are call if not userids in the big ham radio forum?

Well, firstly, you'd need a big ham radio  Cool . Seriously though, I am opposed to posting any kind of personal information on any social network, whether it be this site, Facebook, Twitter an so on (yes, it's true, my real name is not sparkz_alot).  The call sign is associated with an FCC license and as such, a lot of personal information can be gleaned from it.  It would be comparable to posting, say your drivers license number online  Smile . In short, user id's can be fake, call signs cannot.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
(Oct-19-2016, 02:36 PM)sparkz_alot Wrote: Sometimes I feel a bit nostalgic and I will just browse the web, usually looking for something specific and ending up miles (megabytes ?) away, forgetting what it was I was originally looking for.  That was the case this morning.  In my very early youth, I was really big into kit building, usually from Heathkit and Conar and built everything from stereo speakers (the easiest) to an oscilloscope (the hardest).  Then one day, I came across this: Altair 8800 . All those lights and switches, I was mesmerized. It was, alas, the kit that got away as I was not able to afford the (then) hefty price tag.

Also during this morning, I ran across a more recent news article: Ancient Commodore 64.  Now who'd of thunk  Big Grin

there are a lot more lights on this computer.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
lights, switches AND buttons and knobs!!  Dance I'll take 2 , please
Oh, is it Member berries thread?)
Here's an oldie (me) but goodie.
I got up this morning, went to my desk, started typing and thought I had a stroke.
Almost every word I typed was missing at least one letter ... panic for a few seconds.
Then I realized the battery on my keyboard was dying, not me.
(Nov-04-2016, 09:43 AM)Root13 Wrote: Oh, is it Member berries thread?)

I 'member the 'member berries episode   Cool
I 'member too (°_°)
do tell, what is the member berries episode?
It's something they came up with in South Park in a couple of episodes of current (20th) season
Ah I'm not a TV guy so miss out on these things.
My son is a huge fan of South park and he showed me one where a guy puts $100 in a bank
and it disappears. It was funny.