Python Forum
OpenSuse Gnome Mouse over question
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenSuse Gnome Mouse over question
It's been a long time since I used Linux, and I know that there is a simple way to stop window selection on mouse over, but I can't seem to find out where, and don't seem able to formulate my google query properly to find out either.
Most everything else has been pretty easy, but this one drives me nuts! That and constantly having to type my password all the time.

I have my development environment set up almost the way I'd like it, Python 3.6.5, VS Code, virtualenv, jupyter notebook, etc.
I think searching for something like "active window on hover" might help find results. That said, this page has a few screenshots of several desktop environments and how to turn it on/off: http://xahlee.info/linux/mouse_hover_aut...indow.html

I don't know opensuse, does it use one of the main DEs? Gnome, KDE, xfce? There's almost definitely a config for it somewhere, my guess would be in /etc/xorg.conf, because almost all the config is buried somewhere in xorg lol.

I think (I'm not sure) that the active window on hover thing is the original default of X (which is the windowing system Linux uses). Most distros override that default so it's not as jarring to people who aren't already used to it.
That looked promising, but still can't find it.
Perhaps it will come to me while sleeping or something like that.
The link is for an application that's not loaded on my desktop, but I might try to install.
I used opensuse prior to my old system blowing up, It wasn't the OS. I used Linux Mint prior to that, and may go back if I can't figure out how to remove this annoyance. It must be extremely simple, but no luck so far.
The desktop I'm using is Gnome, I have used it since it's 'new' emergence in 1999. Can't remember what I used prior to that. Can't what I used prior to that, but I originally started with AT&T Unix, with xterm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally switched to Linux Mint from OpenSuse Leap 15 Larz60+ 5 3,034 Nov-26-2018, 03:10 AM
Last Post: pcsailor