Python Forum
Suggestion needed for Natural Language Processing Project
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion needed for Natural Language Processing Project
Hello! I'm new here and I'm a computer science student focusing on Natural Language Processing. a few months ago I got a project from my campus to make a project related to NLP. The project should be submitted in python. I choose to make a name translator from a regular name into a Latin name. Last week I've made a simple python program to get the meaning of a name and to translate some of its words to Latin. but my lecturer says there is still nothing related with NLP in my project. the deadline is near and I haven't found any idea what to do to create this name translator. any idea for me to try? like making a dictionary full of Latin name and regular name then compare the meaning of both name in Latin and in regular name to get the Latin name over the regular name? or anything else I can try? I'm still new in this NLP stuff I still don't know much stuff about what can I do with NLTK in python and anything else. so I hope you guys know something useful in NLTK that can help me in my project. Thank you before.
Sounds like you have not read the nltk book. in idle:
import nltk
help(nltk)
check out the description. the book tells you how to get some data sets and what the library can do.
you may want to read through some language translation blogs like: https://impythonist.wordpress.com/2014/0...th-python/
and others, to get an idea on how to incorporate this with NLTK.
(Jun-13-2019, 10:01 PM)joe_momma Wrote: Sounds like you have not read the nltk book. in idle:
 import nltk help(nltk) 
check out the description. the book tells you how to get some data sets and what the library can do.
whoa, thank you...
i'll see what i can do

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Language Processing standenman 1 1,330 Aug-07-2020, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Natural Language Generation sridhar 2 1,626 Jul-14-2020, 02:08 PM
Last Post: BitPythoner
  Suggestion need to migrate from pyrhonanywhere bkcollection 3 3,916 Jan-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: snippsat