Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Output of Python code
what is the output of the following code in Python 3.x environment?

x = "abcdef"
i = "i"
while i in x:
print(i, end=" ")

Options:
1. abcdef
2. Error
3. a b c d e f
4. No Output
(Sep-13-2019, 10:44 AM)hemal07yc Wrote: what is the output of the following code in Python 3.x environment?

x = "abcdef"
i = "i"
while i in x:
print(i, end=" ")

Options:
1. abcdef
2. Error
3. a b c d e f
4. No Output

Sorry, but that seems to be a very easy exercise, that you don't seem to have even tried to work it out.

All the best,
newbieAuggie2019

"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains."
Steve Jobs
I Didn't get any output
According to me, answer should be "No Output"

Kindly confirm that it is correct or not.

Thanking you in advance..
(Sep-13-2019, 10:57 AM)hemal07yc Wrote: I Didn't get any output

So you have an answer.

However, if you are wondering why there is no output: there is no letter 'i' in x ('abcdef') so while loop is never executed as condition is false.

If you are adventurous you can write i = 'a' and observe what will happen (warning: you will enter endless loop, to break it press ctrl + c)
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
According to me, answer should be "No Output"

Kindly confirm that it is correct or not.

Thanking you in advance..

Okay, that's better...

Nevertheless, there must be an indentation (four spaces) for print, otherwise it produces an
Error:
expected an indented block error
The correct code should be:
x = "abcdef"
i = "i"
while i in x:
    print(i, end=" ")
And if you run it, nothing happens because:
1. If there were an 'i' in the string "x" ('abcdef'), then "i" would be printed. As it is not the case, nothing is printed. That explains the whole exercise, as nothing is printed; therefore the solution is number 4. No Output.

All the best,

(Sep-13-2019, 11:09 AM)perfringo Wrote:

So you have an answer.

However, if you are wondering why there is no output: there is no letter 'i' in x ('abcdef') so while loop is never executed as condition is false.

If you are adventurous you can write i = 'a' and observe what will happen (warning: you will enter endless loop, to break it press ctrl + c)

Oops! It seems that I posted just after you! Sorry! Blush
newbieAuggie2019

"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains."
Steve Jobs
(Sep-13-2019, 11:10 AM)newbieAuggie2019 Wrote: Oops! It seems that I posted just after you! Sorry! Blush

At some point we are all have been ninja'd Big Grin
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem in output of a snippet code akbarza 2 300 Feb-28-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Compiles Python code with no error but giving out no output - what's wrong with it? pythonflea 6 1,469 Mar-27-2023, 07:38 AM
Last Post: buran
  I cannot able to see output of this code ted 1 715 Feb-22-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Python VS Code: using print command twice but not getting output from terminal kdx264 4 1,033 Jan-16-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  why I dont get any output from this code William369 2 1,084 Jun-23-2022, 09:18 PM
Last Post: William369
  How can I organize my code according to output that I want ilknurg 1 1,137 Mar-11-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: perfringo
  Why this code not getting desired output ? MDRI 2 2,485 Sep-18-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: MDRI
  I couldn't understand the output of the below code ravich129 1 1,892 Dec-12-2019, 06:24 AM
Last Post: sandeep_ganga
  Output not following rules set in code. Escribblings 4 3,056 Apr-24-2019, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Escribblings
  What will the following code output? dukoolsharma 5 3,186 Dec-15-2018, 06:05 AM
Last Post: HarshaliPatel