Python Forum
Permutation + Formula Execution
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permutation + Formula Execution
Q: Sum 50 balls in a box, 8= Blue, 13= Black, remaining= grey, I pick 5 balls randomly, pick another then put 1 back, pick another then put 1 back,

i. Then return a ball & pick another different color, chance Blue & Black

I. ≥ 2?

II. ≥ whatever # within draw #?

ii. After i. pick 1x randomly, then i. . This step's repeated an arbitrary # of times,

I. ≥ 2?

II. ≥ whatever # within draw #?

Anyone know is possible in Python/ better in other language( s)? If yes pls tell me where learn the specific code for this?
What does I. ≥ 2? mean? Please explain the problem with complete sentences as it is currently more than obscure.
Try below to see if that helps you, i added for finding chances of all picked are same color.

import math

#boxcount=int(input("number of boxes")) #1
totalobjects=int(input("count of objects")) #50
colorcount=int(input("no of colurs for objects in boxes"))  #8-blue,13-black,29-grey
#name and count
i=0
x=[]
y=[]
while i < colorcount:
	xn, yn=input("count of objects seperated by color name: ").split()
	x.append(xn)
	y.append(yn)
	i+=1
x=list(map(int,x))
y = [element.upper() for element in y] 

print(x,y)  #counts of obj of each colors

xindex=0
yindex=0

pick=int(input("objects picked: "))

wantedcolor=input("function find chances of all to be --> , name the color search: ")

yindex=y.index(wantedcolor.upper())
xindex=yindex
#q1---->pick=5 chance of all blue  ==> 8c5/50c5,,, 
print(x[xindex])
num=x[xindex]-pick
print(num)
print(totalobjects)
den=totalobjects-pick
print(den)
if sum(x)==totalobjects:
	print("chances are : ",(math.factorial(x[xindex])/math.factorial(num))/(math.factorial(totalobjects)/math.factorial(den)))
	print( "----------------")
Output:
C:\Users\testuser\Downloads\DL>python test.py count of objects50 no of colurs for objects in boxes3 count of objects seperated by color name: 8 blue count of objects seperated by color name: 13 black count of objects seperated by color name: 29 grey [8, 13, 29] ['BLUE', 'BLACK', 'GREY'] objects picked: 5 function find chances of all to be --> , name the color search: blue 8 3 50 45 chances are : 2.6430553720100437e-05 ---------------- C:\Users\testuser\Downloads\DL>python test.py count of objects2 no of colurs for objects in boxes2 count of objects seperated by color name: 1 white count of objects seperated by color name: 1 black [1, 1] ['WHITE', 'BLACK'] objects picked: 1 function find chances of all to be --> , name the color search: white 1 0 2 1 chances are : 0.5 ----------------
Best Regards,
Sandeep

GANGA SANDEEP KUMAR