Python Forum
Pillow or PIL not sure which to download?.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pillow or PIL not sure which to download?.
The version of python I am using 3.5.1 but this was made in 2015 and so I don't know which version of PIL to download.
PIL is very old. Pillow replaced it, but uses all the same names and classes so it has 100% interoperability. As of right now, it's most recent commit was 6 days ago, with over 200 people working on it, so it's a very active project: https://github.com/python-pillow/Pillow

If you install through pip, you'll get whichever version is right for your particular flavor of python: pip install Pillow.
Thank you nilamo I am a bit new to this so thank you for the info if you haave any other tips on this that will be appreciated.

Where do you go to get the version of pip at that is trust worthy.
It comes with python, and should already be installed. If you run python -V and pip -V, what versions do you see as being installed?

C:\Users\me>python -V
Python 3.6.5

C:\Users\me>pip -V
pip 9.0.3 from c:\users\me\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages (python 3.6)
Me and my friend never could get pip to work on python version 3.5.1 we can't even find it and we could try to install it but last time we did I think it gave us and error of some sort.

But we could have been trying to install it wrong as well so when we go to install it where do we go?
(Apr-19-2018, 03:31 PM)Fox_cutter12 Wrote: But we could have been trying to install it wrong as well so when we go to install it where do we go?
Python 3.6 and pip installation under Windows | Part-2
Thank you snippsat I will have to view the images when I get because the school s server is blocking them so i view that later.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  download with internet download manager coral_raha 0 2,959 Jul-18-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: coral_raha