Python Forum
Pip Could not find a version
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pip Could not find a version
I'm new to Python and Pip. I'm trying to install the app "td-ameritrade-python-api". I get this response: Collecting td-ameritrade-python-api
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement td-ameritrade-python-api (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for td-ameritrade-python-api

If I run "pip search "ameritrade" I get a list that contains: td-ameritrade-python-api (0.3.1) - A python client lirbary for the TD Ameritrade API.

Particulars:

Python version 3.5.3
Pip version pip 9.0.1 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (python 3.5)

What am I doing wrong?
The pypi page of this module indicates that it requires at least Python 3.7. This is probably the cause of your problems.
This library requires python >= 3.7 and yours is 3.5 (quite old, by the way, latest is 3.9).
You need to upgrade to newer python version if you want to use it
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Thanks guys! When I started this I had version 2.7.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to find out from outside Python (in Windows) the current version of Python? pstein 4 742 Oct-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tester_V 5 18,990 Jul-25-2021, 12:17 AM
Last Post: snippsat
  could not find a version that satisfies the requirement geopy beginner1 2 3,028 Sep-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Last Post: beginner1
  Can I upload a new version without previously deleting ancient version sylas 6 4,251 Nov-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Larz60+