Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please use code tags
o.k., that made me chuckle  Big Grin
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
OK, ]python[ tag is well looking with this Python logo but its purpose maybe it's not so obvious.  What if there is 'code' text next to the logo? It will be only one with text and this is something that is noticed.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Apr-06-2017, 02:40 PM)wavic Wrote:  What if there is 'code' text next to the logo?
That would look ugly,there will always be someone that do not read anything and just post.
Have you notice that there is pop up text when mouse over button?
I think maybe many miss this to.
insert Python tag insert error tag ect.
even on the old forum when it was "code" tags, people didnt use them either
Recommended Tutorials:
I often see (just fixed one) honest attempts being made, but using icode tags vs python tags.
There's probably not much you can do about this, other than making corrections and commenting.
(Apr-06-2017, 05:27 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: honest attempts being made, but using icode tags vs python tags.
maybe we should rename the icode label then? Maybe call it inline instead?
Recommended Tutorials:
sounds OK, but how does that affect legacy threads?
we would have to maintain icode and inline, but only inline for the button and people using from there on out. The same is being done for code tags now. As people had used code tags before we had python tags.
Recommended Tutorials:
changed icode -> inline. The button is changed, the tag is now inline

however icode still works for legacy threads to maintain constancy. Maybe that will be less confusing for people now.

Another thing that might help in confusion....As cool as it is for the python logo to be the python code tags, maybe the universal forum code icon should be used? Which is usually an image showing this </>. We could go even further than that and use the universal tag of code, instead of python...which is already set for legacy threads to python code tags. Im not sure though if that would help though. We initially had python tags only to differentiate from code tags, which now both do the same thing.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Not Using Code Tags micseydel 16 8,048 Dec-09-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: micseydel
  Just a trial. For learning code tags sylas 3 3,645 Sep-25-2017, 11:41 AM
Last Post: metulburr
  Do not know how to add "Code Tags" or "Error Tags" to my submissions mattkrebs 2 3,676 Mar-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Created a plugin for our code tags stranac 18 13,494 Dec-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap