Python Forum
Plot/Image analysis %of colored area(grid)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plot/Image analysis %of colored area(grid)
Hello,

For a project I plotted a neighboorhood with matplotlib. I used filled polygons.

I would like to create a script wich divide the area in smaller square and analyse each square. If the square is full (A building) then the square coordinates will be added to a list, if the square is blank (empty), nothing happend and if the square have a part colored and a part blank, the square is replaced by a filled square and its cooridinates are saved in the list if the colored part represente more than 50% of the original square area,else the square is replaced with a blank one.
The aim of this script is to create a "square" neighboorhood and to have datas to recreate this square with Python or another software
I'm looking for a command/script abble to analyse and give the proportion of the colored area in output.
Thanks

[Image: piOuU2q]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new in this area Ana_junior 2 49,536 Jan-05-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Ana_junior
  New to Python & Matplotlib - can I change the plot grid origin to lower left corner? FortyTwo 1 6,094 Aug-22-2020, 08:22 PM
Last Post: matador
  Image Analysis for Measurement of Total leaf Area teamaqua 1 4,216 Aug-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Larz60+