Python Forum
Possible to RDP onto a remote machine?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to RDP onto a remote machine?
Hi,

Struggling to find any help with this online.

For a bit of background, I'm deploying server instances on AWS via a Python script.  Thing is, when the machine first gets built, it needs a user to manually log in so that it 'warms up'.  The application won't work until the user has logged in.

Ideally, it would be great if I could do this using Python.  Is that possible?

Cheers,
J
The server needs you to login, or the app does?  AWS is designed to be automated, so I'd be surprised if this isn't already a solved issue.
The application needs it.  The services don't start until the first time you physically log into the box.  AWS unfortunately only offers an RDP client and not an API.
Have you taken a look at Python RDP modules?
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/rdp
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/rdpy
Hi mate,

Sorry for late reply.  Fell ill with the flu for an entire week and have been awk.

Many thanks for those!  I'll be having a look at those tomorrow and update you as to how I get on.  Really appreciate that.

Cheers,
J
I've had a look and not quite sure I understand the first link.

However, the second looks promising but I forgot to mention, my project is in v 3.6.3 and that was for v2.7.

Do you know if I can just install it under the 3.6.3 directory and it should work?  I'm new to Python so still getting my head around things.

Cheers,
J

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote control a machine via OS module dindibo4 3 4,095 Dec-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  help need with running python script on remote windows machine onenessboy 2 11,102 Dec-14-2018, 03:02 PM
Last Post: onenessboy