Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Edit Logs
I added a plugin to allow to show/compare/and even revert edit changes of a post. As is, only admins and mods are allowed to view the edit logs though.   :@ I might be able to modify the code to allow all users to see the edits, but we will see. 

Of course the logs will only start as of now. All changes beforehand are unrecorded.
But this in theory would allow us to revert a students post that decides they want to sanitize their posts right? 

What do you think about allowing more flexibility to users editing posts now?

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

Recommended Tutorials:
I definitely like the idea of history, and of history being visible to regular users. I'm not comfortable enough to think it'd be ok to surface moderator logs to regular users though.
Quote:I'm not comfortable enough to think it'd be ok to surface moderator logs to regular users though.
No i dont mean mod logs (moving threads, etc.?), just post edit logs. Unless you mean edits to post made by mods? I think its a one way road. To view all post edits, or not. 

Quote:I definitely like the idea of history, and of history being visible to regular users.
The plugin as it stands only allows admins and mods to view the post edit logs. Im a little worried about messing around in this plugin VS others, due to the fact that this one changes the database. I just decided to ask the plugin author for this feature change, so i dont mess the database up.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enable post edit JChris 4 4,873 Nov-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Last Post: metulburr