Python Forum
package installing problem
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
package installing problem
I want install a package called FFEA, this is their website: https://ffea.readthedocs.io/en/stable/in...equisitesU
I downloaded the program through the link they mentioned in the first paragraph, so I can just "read the Prerequisites section on using FFEA, and then jump to install". But I cannot understand what exactly I should do based on their description, can someone help take a look?
Thank you in advance!!
What is your OS?
(Jul-12-2020, 08:06 PM)Gribouillis Wrote: What is your OS?
No, I am using Windows 10~
KaterineCan Wrote:No, I am using Windows 10~
Then I'm not the right man for the job. You need a C or C++ compiler on Windows to build the module. I haven't compiled anything on Windows for many years, let us wait for a reply by a Windows expert.
(Jul-13-2020, 07:42 PM)Gribouillis Wrote:
KaterineCan Wrote:No, I am using Windows 10~
Then I'm not the right man for the job. You need a C or C++ compiler on Windows to build the module. I haven't compiled anything on Windows for many years, let us wait for a reply by a Windows expert.

No problem, but I still want to ask do you have any idea where should these instructions be executed?[Image: 8mWTGKH]
These are standard traditional configure/build/install steps to install C based programs. Under linux, I would simply download the tree in a directory, say ffea_src, check that the dependancies are installed, then open a terminal and run one after the other the commands
Output:
mkdir ffea_build cd ffea_build cmake ../ffea_src make make test sudo make install
In Windows, I guess you can do something similar in a Cmd window after installing the appropriate building tools, but it's all I can tell.

After these steps, it remains only to add ffea's bin directory to the PATH environment variable and modify sys.path in python which I would do by updating a sitecustomize.py file instead of the suggested setting of the PYTHONPATH variable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  want to get package documentation from pip without installing Skaperen 2 2,163 Aug-12-2019, 05:35 AM
Last Post: Skaperen