Python Forum
Problem with Spyder IDE: Clear console doesn't actually clear the console
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Problem with Spyder IDE: Clear console doesn't actually clear the console
There seem to be some problems with the Spyder IDE. I would have filed a bug report with them, but they don't seem to have the means to do such a thing on their website, and I don't think their Github page supports it.

If a user clears the IPython console, it doesn't actually clear it, it only scrolls down. This is a problem when testing programs which have even a moderate number of print statements. Sometimes I want to scroll up to the top of the output, but I can't tell where the output from a previous run ends and where the new output begins. This problem has been around for many years in other languages, which is why clear console commands exist; scrolling down to "clear" the console is not sufficient.

Any advice on how I can contact the developers about this? Alternatively, are there better Python IDEs?

It seems to work as expected with 3.2.1

Quote:I would have filed a bug report with them, but they don't seem to have the means to do such a thing on their website, and I don't think their Github page supports it.

github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues
It looks like it was a qtconsole issue.

-> https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/5063
-> https://github.com/jupyter/qtconsole/issues/223

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is stdin a console Skaperen 2 1,238 Feb-06-2022, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Skaperen
  How to paste several lines of codes to the Python console 22_alias 13 14,575 Jan-12-2021, 02:55 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Coding on Spyder problem Frank1905 0 1,621 May-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Frank1905
  I'm not clear on buying WingWare Pro 357mag 3 2,518 Apr-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Last Post: snippsat