Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with IDLE
Dear all,

I am trying to learn Python and thats going well. At least it did until my pc started giving me this error message İmage

(if the picture doesn't work it says "Subprocess Startup error", "IDLEs subprocess didn't make connection. Either IDLE can't start a subprocess or personal firewall software is blocking the connection")

Does anyone know what that is and how to fix it. it has been working fine on the same computer and same network all day, but suddenly this shows.

BR
Martin
First: Abandon Idle and use a proper IDE (like VSCode)
Idle is buggy and shouldn't be used.
Ok - thanks. However, as I am following a book closely this might not work for me just yet. When I get a bit more routine I can start deviate from it, but as of now I think that might not be a working solution. So if you know a way out of this problem please don't hesitate to write ;-)

That said, I will give it a go to see if I can find out how to use VSCode as suggested.

I will be looking at the proposed thread, thanks
See tutorial on this forum here: https://python-forum.io/Thread-VS-Code-f...ght=VSCode
I'll start using VScode from now on.

However, if anyone else runs into this error, there are a bunch of videoes out there that you can find if you google "python subprocess startup error"

It took me too long to figure that out I'm afraid.
A problem or failure in the ignition system or various electronic components can cause a rough idle. it is called Idle method.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IDLE not importing pygame (ok outside of IDLE) miner_tom 1 3,282 Sep-14-2018, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Python IDLE 3.6.2 on WIn7 vs Pyhton 3 IDLE raspberry djdan_23 5 5,654 Sep-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Larz60+