Programmer named Tim...
Just under my username, it says "Programmer named Tim."
What's up with that? How do I change it? :s

And more importantly, when did my name change to Tim? :D
Editor: Atom with Material Syntax UI and the Termination terminal plugin

Micah 6:8
http://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help&hid=29
Recommended Tutorials:
I'm wondering if "Tim" being in the title is going throw a lot of people off on this. Perhaps we should make it a higher title?
Aha! So that explains it...

Out of curiosity, why "Tim"?

Quote:Out of curiosity, why "Tim"?

I believe its suppose to beĀ "Tim the Enchanter" reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJZK6rzjns

Quote:I'm wondering if "Tim" being in the title is going throw a lot of people off on this. Perhaps we should make it a higher title?
I made unladen swallow first
Recommended Tutorials:
Monty Python - of course!

I'm guessing this will go over the heads of a lot of people. Well me anyway!
I actually wasted a fair bit of time trying to figure out how to change it.
I was slightly concerned as on some work related stuff I am using an IT consultant who is (really) called Tim and I was wondering if there was some weird confusion.
Perhaps put " " around the tag to dispel any confusion. Where can one make suggestions?
explanations for user titles are here.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Aug-16-2019, 04:34 PM)metulburr Wrote: explanations for user titles are here.
Yes I read that. My post was after reading that. I'm not entirely sure visitors to this site would go there right away as soon as they see that I am an Alt of "Tim" and thus there is scope for confusion.

At least when I hit the 20 mark, my soubriquet will be obviously a gest, even to those unfamiliar with the Monty Python canon, so this is a temporary problem. Not far to go!
(Aug-16-2019, 04:47 PM)RMJFlack Wrote: I'm not entirely sure visitors to this site would go there right away as soon as they see that I am an Alt of "Tim" and thus there is scope for confusion.
Every user agrees to read all the help docs when registering. However they do not. If everyone read the help docs a lot of the forums confusion would evaporate. For example those that do not know how to use BBCode, post images of code, or do not ask sufficient questions. I think user title confusion is a minor issue as it does not effect whether their questions can be answered or not. At some point all users stumble across the help docs anyways. With some hope, they might also learn some Monty Python as well. Wink
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Programmer Named Tim Angelical 3 386 Mar-28-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  How to get rid of "A programmer named Tim" matt_the_hall 3 2,450 Jan-27-2021, 05:56 PM
Last Post: matt_the_hall