Python Forum
Project im working on
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project im working on
I had an idea to build a modern day boom box. Im going to use a Raspberry Pi as the brains, and a Raspberry Pi 7 inch touch screen to control the whole thing. Obviously there isnt software out there thats going to do what i want, so Im assuming my best bet is to build my own. According to what ive read, Python is the recommended language for the Pi. Im not a coder and will need to learn a language to do what I want, thats not an issue.

Heres what i want. Touch the TV icon, the tv turns on. Touch the Satellite Radio icon, it turns on, etc. I may be way over my head with this idea, but its just a project for fun, so im not on a time limit.

So my question is, is Python what i need to learn to do this project?

Any help or ideas Id love to hear.
1. Create a list of what the end goal is. Create an entry for each item, for example, need radio url's
doesn't have to be perfect now, it will change as you progress, but working without a plan is like leaving a port on a ship with no destination in mind. It just won't work.

After you do this, you will be able to ask more specific questions.
Start by looking at the following link, and taking some python tutorials: https://python-forum.io/Thread-A-List-of...-Resources
Actually I do have a list of what my end goal is, I plan before I build.

I guess I wasnt clear on my specific question. I know C and that family of languages can do pretty much anything. So I know if I learned C, C+, C#, etc I could do what I want to do with this project. I dont know anything about Python or what its capable of doing or not doing. Is Python capable of doing what I want or am I better off learning a C language?
I was a C programmer for many years, and there are still certain applications that I would probably only do using C. But for the past few years, I've used nothing but python and haven't found a need for anything else.
The link that I gave you above has a ton of available resources for learning python.